Kimmage Interviews Froome

Thug

Kimmage has laid into Froome in past articles. Seems he wanted to handle this as a simple Q&A for a change and allow readers to draw their own conclusions. Judging by some of the posts here, his approach worked.

I was wondering if Kimmage couldn't draw a conclusion.

I suspect that CF doesn't dope if only because MC probably wouldn't accept it, or if she did, that she'd hint at it being the status quo or something. The filter between her thoughts and her Twitter page is (was) fairly rudimentary.

As an aside, MC used to work for a mate of mine and he reckons she is just a normal straight talking gal. Shows how mealy-mouthed one has to get in the world of PR.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect that CF doesn't dope if only because MC probably wouldn't accept it, or if she did, that she'd hint at it being the status quo or something. The filter between her thoughts and her Twitter page is (was) fairly rudimentary.

As an aside, MC used to work for a mate of mine and he reckons she is just a normal straight talking gal. Shows how mealy-mouthed one has to get in the world of PR.

I am so confused ?

Because they have superior genes....the better athlete if you will, and my point exactly.

So the asthma sufferer must suffer & not be allowed to use an inhaler? Seriously?

Exactly....the greys become black or white.

I like Rouxtjies idea - somewhere in my head something disagress with me but I like the idea.

There will always be grey areas like Jono Vaughers who got stung in the eye by a bee and couldn't take anything for it because it was illegal but by and large the approach is sound.

Just like a 4 foot nothing guy aint ever gonna be a highjump world champ so someone with imperfect genes won't be a TdF champion...

Thats just it, he is still at a disadvantage even when using an asthma pump compared to someone at the same level but who is100% healthy. As far as i know using an asthma pump will not turn an asthma sufferer (or even a non sufferer) into a supercharged machine that will out perform a "normal" fit person.

The world is full of know it all cycnics (not meaning you rouxtjie - but rather this @digger twat) who have nothing better to do than annalyize every word and then stand on their soap box shouting what ever *** it takes to increase the number of hits on their blog or twit page.

I take most of what SwissVan says about doping and his defending dopers with a huge pinch of salt. After all he was one of the last to accept that LA was a doper. Here we go again defending at every opportunity. Maybe just contrary and naive?

I don't have a VO2 max that makes me an elite athlete, but I don't try justify why I am entitled to take drugs to compensate for the hand nature dealt me. I can't ride singletrack particularly fast and I fall when I do. So I try not to ride singletrack too fast. That is how life is.

Reading on my phone. Can't see.

Edit: Just saying that if he is or if he isn't would probably be indicated by what his missus says - she's not great at hiding what she thinks.

Alternatively: she's awesome at hiding what she thinks and makes it look like she isn't.

Yet Another Edit: I wouldn't sign a cheque saying that CF dopes or not. I suspect that is why Kimmage didn't draw a conclusion. The likelihood is that if he did draw a conclusion either way, it would come back to bite him on the arse.

Edited by davetapson

MC was a HUGE LA fan, slagged off anyone who alleged he doped. CF is her meal ticket, she'll do anything to keep his image as the clean one.

Reading on my phone. Can't see.

This bit you typed, I don't understand what you are saying, sorry if I am missing the context.

"I suspect that CF doesn't dope if only because MC probably wouldn't accept it, or if she did, that she'd hint at it being the status quo or something"

I like Rouxtjies idea - somewhere in my head something disagress with me but I like the idea.

There will always be grey areas like Jono Vaughers who got stung in the eye by a bee and couldn't take anything for it because it was illegal but by and large the approach is sound.

Just like a 4 foot nothing guy aint ever gonna be a highjump world champ so someone with imperfect genes won't be a TdF champion...

And the team pulled him from the race....which says alot about their tolerance levels...big up to them.

So the asthma sufferer must suffer & not be allowed to use an inhaler? Seriously?

No didnt say that....of course they must take medication, heck it could be life threatening. Just don't take it in competition...if you need to then well maybe you don't have the genetic makeup to play at that level.

I sure as hell don't....which reminds me, I need to have a chat to my parents about my sani2c time.

Edited by rouxtjie

They should be allowed for sure. But you have to ask yourself....if you suffer from asthma.....is cycling the sport for you???? To me that is a no brainer. If you had asthma at school, you got to sit out all physical activity. Just as I am not creative enough to be a painter, some people don't have the body for sport.

This bit you typed, I don't understand what you are saying, sorry if I am missing the context.

"I suspect that CF doesn't dope if only because MC probably wouldn't accept it, or if she did, that she'd hint at it being the status quo or something"

Ok - I've gone back and edited the post where I said I could not see.

Edited by davetapson

MC was a HUGE LA fan, slagged off anyone who alleged he doped. CF is her meal ticket, she'll do anything to keep his image as the clean one.

I seem to remember she was quite a cycling groupie...

No didnt say that....of course they must take medication, heck it could be life threatening. Just don't take it in competition...if you need to then well maybe you don't have the genetic makeup to play at that level.

I have just had a rough three days beyond me last week.

On Saturday I had 4 hours left to finish off my final goal.

I was in much pain and the upper body was full of lactic acid, I took a muscle relaxant on Friday evening and that was that, I can assure you I would have taken anything else to get rid of some pain, but mys stomach would not have agreed.

Sometimes we just have to take something to survive, now what if I was in competition and being tested and said muscle relaxant was on the list ?

Yip I would have been caught for doping, and if said relaxant was not on the list, then I am a good guy.

Perhaps the UCI and WADA should look at what really "improves performance" and what doesn't and re-look their banned substance list.