Bubbles on Maxxis Monorails

GerrieTruter

I just need to find out if someone here knows if the bubbles developing on my rear Monorail tire is because of delaminating or could it be from rocks damaging the tires?

post-44502-0-63397200-1404155100_thumb.jpg

post-44502-0-64724500-1404155102_thumb.jpg

So I can write that tire off. Is it still a regular occurrence with Maxxis tires and Stans or not? If so what can I do to prevent it from happening?

I tried to get reviews of Caffe Latex as a alternative for Stans, but not really long term users submitting reviews. Any suggestions on what I can possibly use as sealant as I like the Monorail tires.

Ammonia based sealant does that to maxi tyres. GEAX so far have been bomb proof. My front tyre is practically aging off the rim and still has thread after 5 years of abuse.

One of the main reasons I like the Monorails is their tight bead. I can take the tire off, clean it and put it back and only need my little hand pump to re inflate because of the UST rims.

I'm kinda new to MTB'ing and only have experience with Maxxis tires. My first bike had Larsen TT's on and then I got the opportunity to get a duel suspension, that bike came with the Monorails.

Basically what I'm asking is should all UST tires be inflatable with a hand pump or is it only the Monorails with the tight bead?

One more reason why I don't use Stans

(Sorry Rouxtjie)

:clap: hehehehe....stan's works for me only because I can get a seal going quicker than with the "thicker" stuff without relying on more tape. That being said, stan's is getting moer expensive nowadays, so always open to alternatives

I have always used Joes sealant and have always had Maxxis tyres and (so far) have not had any problems with blisters. Also the sealant has never failed to perform it's job. I also find that the Joes doesn't seem to make those nasty snot balls like the Stans does.

I've just done a new maxxis combo (crossmarks and ardents) on my bike with OKO. Can only comment on the installation, which was hand pump only, and holding air perfectly. Thus was on arch ex rims. Previously had spez tyres with Stans, and found the dreaded solid ball and watery sealant in the old after only 4 months.. .

:clap: hehehehe....stan's works for me only because I can get a seal going quicker than with the "thicker" stuff without relying on more tape. That being said, stan's is getting moer expensive nowadays, so always open to alternatives

I use stuff called Tyre Fluid i get from my local tyre shop. They use it in quads etc.

green with little fibres, not that thick and at R100 for 500 ml is a bargain as I do 5 tires with a bottle

I've just done a new maxxis combo (crossmarks and ardents) on my bike with OKO. Can only comment on the installation, which was hand pump only, and holding air perfectly. Thus was on arch ex rims. Previously had spez tyres with Stans, and found the dreaded solid ball and watery sealant in the old after only 4 months.. .

On UST tyres I can get a seal going with no sealant at all, it gets tricky with TR tyres....then the more viscous sealants have the edge

I use stuff called Tyre Fluid i get from my local tyre shop. They use it in quads etc.

green with little fibres, not that thick and at R100 for 500 ml is a bargain as I do 5 tires with a bottle

Sweet will check it out.