No Daryl Impey for Tour de France - Positive Test Result

shifter

Someone needs to explain to me how it will act as a masking agent.

According to Wiki it does this :

Probenecid (Lannett's Probalan) is a uricosuric drug that increases uric acid excretion in the urine. It is primarily used in treating gout and hyperuricemia.

Probenecid was developed as an alternative to caronamide[1] to competitively inhibit renal excretion of some drugs, thereby increasing their plasma concentration and prolonging their effects

Now the part I highlighted gives me an indication that it's some sort of "booster, trigger or support" for whatever drugs one might be taking, if this is the case then surely they must have found traces of something else ?

Please help a brother, I need some clarification here (lekker dom with this medical stuff and I know all the hubbers are professors)

By competitively inhibiting excretion, the drugs stays in the bloodstream longer and is not excreted in the urine, hence masking the drug in a urine test. It is in your system, just not in your urine ( or less will be present in your urine). My previous post was not clear. Apologies Sheriff.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 1979

Probenecid (Lannett's Probalan) is a uricosuric drug that increases uric acid excretion in the urine. It is primarily used in treating gout and hyperuricemia.

Probenecid was developed as an alternative to caronamide[1] to competitively inhibit renal excretion of some drugs, thereby increasing their plasma concentration and prolonging their effects

Now the part I highlighted gives me an indication that it's some sort of "booster, trigger or support" for whatever drugs one might be taking, if this is the case then surely they must have found traces of something else ?

Please help a brother, I need some clarification here (lekker dom with this medical stuff and I know all the hubbers are professors)

It prevents renal excretion so the drugs would still have their effect but not show up in the urine. That is my layman's understanding of that.

Personal statement by Daryl on his personal site.

http://www.darylimpe...aspx?niid=34129

G

"I remain confident that I will be vindicated and proved innocent of any wrongdoing."

Ignorance won't cut it I am afraid...part of your job is knowing what you put in your body....that is if it was an "accident"

as far as I understand it makes you piepie more hence you flush your system of the traces of the stuff that is not supposed to be there

Not picking on you, just the concept suggested. I'm so sick of hearing this argument along with ignorance being bliss and "I'm just a funriderracer" does not mean its ok.... Its ok to criticize other because they are professional, but people that do it for fun can do as they please..... oh my hippo where is that picture that says it all

We have TUE's for our meds swiss....net n grappie hoor :whistling:

We have TUE's for our meds swiss....net n grappie hoor :whistling:

I can confirm Rouxtjie is on the straight and narrow ;)

as far as I understand it makes you piepie more hence you flush your system of the traces of the stuff that is not supposed to be there

That the simple explanation behind it, yet the part in bold does the opposite, it prohibits renal excretion of some drugs.

So not all is washed out it seems.

By competitively inhibiting excretion, the drugs stays in the bloodstream longer and is not excreted in the urine, hence masking the drug in a urine test. It is in your system, just not in your urine ( or less will be present in your urine). My previous post was not clear. Apologies Sheriff.

I wonder if his blood or urine was tested or both?

That the simple explanation behind it, yet the part in bold does the opposite, it prohibits renal excretion of some drugs.

So not all is washed out it seems.

So you pee a lot but cannot poop huh

As it stands only the guys on the Hub are clean, dont know about DIBS his a clutch plate.

No, what you're describing is a diuretic. This is a uricosuric (that is it encourages the kidneys to get rid of uric acid at the expense of other drugs) hence the other drugs are not excreted in the urine at a normally expected rate.

It does not make you urinate more.