[Event] MTN National MTB Series #8 Ride Crater Cruise Driven By NISSAN

WesselvdWalt

Event Name: MTN National MTB Series #8 Ride Crater Cruise Driven By NISSAN
When: 13 September 2014 - 14 September 2014
Where: Parys, Free State, South Africa, Freestate
Category: MTB

New distance for 2014! the 80km and a updated 115km Ultra with 500m more climbing!

One of the countries biggest Mountain bike events is back on the 13th & 14th of September 2014. This historic event draws people from all reaches of Southern Africa! With R50 000 for 1st place male it's no suprise that it also attracts the best of the best in professional cyclists from around the country!

With a distance for everyone and a friendly ridable route it's no suprise that this race has been the favourite year on year of so many mountain bikers!

Become a part of this great cycling festival and enter today!

Go to Event Page

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Noob question

Years back (4 years or so) was the crater race not always 105 km plus? ?

come Gen Man up.

Ja I will out my big boys pants on.. now that it is in September it surely wont be as hot as last year.

Noob question

Years back (4 years or so) was the crater race not always 105 km plus? ?

Route is exactly the same (barring the tar road up to the "T" this will all be farm roads now), except that there is a detour which adds about 10km to it with 500m more climbing more in this section with more actual mountain biking here, and cuts out a long stretch of corrugated gravelroad from about 22km, till half way up suikerbossie.

• 1 month later...

The 80k marathon route?

For the ultra, does this detour follow the Dirtmax in reverse?

I'm awaiting the route files. So I'm unsure of how the route for the dirtmax goes.

The 80km starts out the same direction as that of the 40km but continues on and joins the classic route just after the 1/2 point and returns the same way as the classic distance.

Event Name: MTN National MTB Series #8 Ride Crater Cruise Driven By NISSAN

When: 13 September 2014 - 14 September 2014

Where: Parys, Free State, South Africa, Freestate

Category: MTB

New distance for 2014! the 80km and a updated 115km Ultra with 500m more climbing!

One of the countries biggest Mountain bike events is back on the 13th & 14th of September 2014. This historic event draws people from all reaches of Southern Africa! With R50 000 for 1st place male it's no suprise that it also attracts the best of the best in professional cyclists from around the country!

With a distance for everyone and a friendly ridable route it's no suprise that this race has been the favourite year on year of so many mountain bikers!

Become a part of this great cycling festival and enter today!

Go to Event Page

Any chance of a route profile?