Who remembers?

DPG

I had a Cane Cutters glass for many years in our Digs.  Used to live behind the Ithuta Scratch and Win counter which we stole from Davenport Square

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a good chance hey! With all those quarts and the herbs... the chances of recalling those memories however are slim... :)

Well if you were ever at any of the Tech parties under the White Tent then we were definitely at a party together!

Nope...I was firmly a rift and station frequenter

We did both. Saw many a dive off the speaker stacks at the Rift.

That little "Restaurant" opposite the Belgica was very popular as well. Through the restaurant at the back was the bar. Thy sold a double and a mix for R2 during happy hour. Think it was called Gradwell's

Nope...I was firmly a rift and station frequenter

Why limit yourself? I spent many many nights at the Rift and the Station....but also all the raaif jols :)

From the talk about the place I imagine it was one of two options to wash away what happened...either a church or cleanse it with fire. haha

Nope, that was BURN. 

Frequented there a LOT, along with the Winnie next door. R5 quarts or something...

30's was also a lekker spot, and a few more I can't remember. One in Overport that got kinda dodge very quickly, then News Cafe in hillcrest, and 54 and and and. 

Nope, that was BURN. 

Frequented there a LOT, along with the Winnie next door. R5 quarts or something...

30's was also a lekker spot, and a few more I can't remember. One in Overport that got kinda dodge very quickly, then News Cafe in hillcrest, and 54 and and and. 

The last time I went to Burn was in '99, then I got converted to listening to doof doof.

News Action Bar in Hillcrest was our place to be on a Friday night, and we jolled at 30's on the odd Saturday.

Never really went to 54 ("filthy whore"), although I went there once with my sister and bro in law for a New Years eve party. In the Pinetown area, we mainly went to Insomnia or Crowded House.

Edit: I THINK it was Crowded House, all I know it was a club that was situated under a building in Pinetown.

Edited by HyruleWarrior80

Well if you were ever at any of the Tech parties under the White Tent then we were definitely at a party together!

Joh Tech Parties...!! Those were something to behold! Shotgunning beers, swimming in the pool and a load of other stuff that can't be written here...!!

Talking of Durban in the 90's - who remembers the name Ann Vine-Morris.  She was a model in the 90's and was also at Durban University.  My mates and I missed many many lectures sitting in the Canteen waiting to see if we could spot her......

Heh, I was actually more Maritzburg based, so now Hyrule's mention of Crowded House reminded me of Stables, Take5 (own up - who did the palm tree?) that place in Commercial St the name of which I can't remember, Buzz Bar (Zzubrab we used to call it), World's View sunrises, Breakfast Rock whisky missions, digs in Scottsville (Phipson Lane, sitting on the roof drinking beers), learning to play pool at the Vic Club, the Basement (what kind of beers do you have? Black Label, you ungrateful bast@rd!), that other jol under the old Ster Kinekor building which used to play The Cure quite a bit, smoking goods and drinking ciders up at Roy Hesketh racetrack, stumbling home from town past the graveyard up Commercial/Durban Road, dudes catching on to trucks in town at a red, hoping for another red up in Scottsville, hanging out at Churchills with the owner Bruce and narrowly avoiding being stabbed by Eloise Driver (she hit me with a motorbike helmet, stabbed some other oke also named Donovan, weirdly, a week later)....man, those were the days.

I lost my hearing at 30's.... that wall of speakers was something else. And then the trips to the top floor.... (pun intended)

Spent a whole night on the top floor once, talking nonsense. Couldn't believe it when the sun came up, felt like 5 minutes.

To all who used to jol at 330 back then, did you also find that you left the club dirty?

I found that my tekkies would be filthy after a night out at 30's.

Spent a whole night on the top floor once, talking nonsense. Couldn't believe it when the sun came up, felt like 5 minutes.

And when the sun came up, my mates and I used to walk to the beach front, some of us still bumbling, smoking a few J's on the beach.

To all who used to jol at 330 back then, did you also find that you left the club dirty?

I found that my tekkies would be filthy after a night out at 30's.

Just your tekkies? I'd be a sweaty disgusting mess from head to toe but the real filthy feeling was inside.

Just your tekkies? I'd be a sweaty disgusting mess from head to toe but the real filthy feeling was inside.

Mainly my tekkies, they were the hardest hit, although the bottoms of my jeans also came out a mess.

Edited by HyruleWarrior80