Alternative MTB Tyre Sealant

Sidmouth

I have been give a bottle of NO FLATS to try out.

I am sure many reading this are tired of expensive sealant that dries out or forms golf balls inside the tyre.

This product promises to seal, seal fast and never dry out, in effect last the lifespan of the tyre.

From today I will be putting the product to the test, including some photographic updates.

post-46828-0-05198400-1404999218_thumb.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try STANS its very good. No golf balls in your tyres. You would have to refill the tyre as the sealent seal all the punctures. Cant se the sealent lasting 3000kms without a refil.

Edited by Smurfy

Try STANS its very good. No golf balls in your tyres. You would have to refill the tyre as the sealent seal all the punctures. Cant se the sealent lasting 3000kms without a refil.

Boet I have been using STANS, I must had bought 10Litres, it dries up, even worse lines the tyres with a thick layer of latex.

Boet I have been using STANS, I must had bought 10Litres, it dries up, even worse lines the tyres with a thick layer of latex.

Ok, I have been using it for 3 years and not a problem at all. Guess I get too many punctures for it to clog up. :whistling:

Don't get me wrong it does the job, it is a great sealant, But I now have to change it every 6 weeks to know that it is working perfectly.

I may also find that it is still the best

Don't get me wrong it does the job, it is a great sealant, But I now have to change it every 6 weeks to know that it is working perfectly.

I may also find that it is still the best

Keep us posted on how it works, we all want the easy and best way out. :w00t:

Just a thought....I am using Stans and topping up with water based (had no problems for a year) sealant which is cheaper. It also seems to stay liquid for longer. Anybody else trying this latex/water combination or am I up the creek with this one?

I have been experimenting with similar sealant. It works by coating the entire inside of the tyre. It really seals instantly, even in my tubeless roadtyres. The drawbacks are that you need quite a bit of sealant per tyre (up to 250ml for a Mtbike tyre). If the bike is stationery for a couple of days the excess sealant accumulates at the bottom of the tyre. Due to the consistency it takes a couple of kilometres to spread again. It also leaves "wetspots" at the puncture for days. I have diluted this sealant with a little Geax sealant and that stopped the "wetspotting". Will see over time how it behaves.

Edited by Jonkie

I'm using a homebrew that I read about on the net. So far it is wonderful. Lasts for ever and much cheaper than Stans

1/3 Liquid Latex

1/3 Slime

1/3 Anti-freeze

I'm using a homebrew that I read about on the net. So far it is wonderful. Lasts for ever and much cheaper than Stans

1/3 Liquid Latex

1/3 Slime

1/3 Anti-freeze

How long have you been using the homebrew? What is the brands that you use?

How long have you been using the homebrew? What is the brands that you use?

I read about it on some forum - 1 litre Liquid Latex I bought from a rubber moulding shop, 1 Litre Anti-freeze from MIDAS, and the Slime is a brand name sealer which I got from Outdoor Warehouse. The latex does the sealing, the antifreeze thins it out - can use water, but anti-freeze doesn't evaporate and makes it last much longer. The Slime has little particles in it which helps the latex to clot. Some people use glitter (from toy shops) instead of the Slime.

I've used it for about a year now, and its works a dream. I found after about 6 months, a rubbery booger built up in the tyre, but I think Stans does the same.

I read about it on some forum - 1 litre Liquid Latex I bought from a rubber moulding shop, 1 Litre Anti-freeze from MIDAS, and the Slime is a brand name sealer which I got from Outdoor Warehouse. The latex does the sealing, the antifreeze thins it out - can use water, but anti-freeze doesn't evaporate and makes it last much longer. The Slime has little particles in it which helps the latex to clot. Some people use glitter (from toy shops) instead of the Slime.

I've used it for about a year now, and its works a dream. I found after about 6 months, a rubbery booger built up in the tyre, but I think Stans does the same.

Do you have a cost breakdown on this...how much does it cost to make lets say 1L of the homebrew?