Alternative MTB Tyre Sealant

Sidmouth

post-12586-0-55496700-1405066337_thumb.jpgIve been using Fugit for over two years adn the stuff works great. See attached picture of one year old fugit that I replaced just before sani this year and it was still perfect. Not sure about the price but its cheap

Fugit works also by "coating the entire inside of the tyre and it really seals instantly. I have pushed a 4mm wide flat screwdriver into a tyre treated with similar sealant and it sealed immediately.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some feedback on OKO.... I've had a nail, which left roughly a 3mm hole, which it failed to seal (I plugged it, and it's fine now) , and a devil thorn which let a 1.5mm hole (max 2mm) which it also failed to seal. Tyres are maxxis crossmarks. I was really disappointed. It eventually seals... Like after 3 days of re-pumping the tyre, but could seal it on the trail. I suspect I may have too much into the tyre (about 100ml) or something. I subsequently read that the recommended not exceeding 60ml (although they don't say why).

Fugit works also by "coating the entire inside of the tyre and it really seals instantly. I have pushed a 4mm wide flat screwdriver into a tyre treated with similar sealant and it sealed immediately.

Fugit....? What outlets sell it?

Fugit....? What outlets sell it?

Fugit has been around for donkey's years, haven't seen it around the shops for awhile though

I was a believer in OKO, it is just to thick and does not flow fast enough to get to the holes, unfortunately there is still noting better than STANS

I was a believer in OKO, it is just to thick and does not flow fast enough to get to the holes, unfortunately there is still noting better than STANS

Any idea where I can obtain some?

If it is a water based sealant, why cant you dilute it to get the desired viscosity?

If it is a water based sealant, why cant you dilute it to get the desired viscosity?

From my experience, it's not just the liquid viscosity, but the particles that are also maybe too big.... It. Just didn't do a good job.

From my experience, it's not just the liquid viscosity, but the particles that are also maybe too big.... It. Just didn't do a good job.

Yip, same experience I had, its just not worth it,

I got a bottle of Fugit at Autozone here in Mokopane a few months ago for a quad tire. Can't remember exactly how much it cost but was about R70-00 for 500ml.

I got a bottle of Fugit at Autozone here in Mokopane a few months ago for a quad tire. Can't remember exactly how much it cost but was about R70-00 for 500ml.

Whatever brand it was they had at my local Autozone was only 250ml and was R79, if it was 500ml I'd have taken it.

Yip, same experience I had, its just not worth it,

I'm thinking of adding some glitter and a bit of water... Only because I have 1.5 bottles of OKO that I don't want to waste....

www.tyrefluid.co.za :thumbup:

I struggled to get my continental tyres to stop leaking..tried stans and slimepro..nothing worked. I removed the tyres again, cleaned everything and also cleaned the inside of the tyre with thinners. Added ps2 tyre fluid and after the first ride my tyres sealed perfectly.. PS2 Tyre Fluid is al I will use..R120 for 500ml..great deal.

I struggled to get my continental tyres to stop leaking..tried stans and slimepro..nothing worked. I removed the tyres again, cleaned everything and also cleaned the inside of the tyre with thinners. Added ps2 tyre fluid and after the first ride my tyres sealed perfectly.. PS2 Tyre Fluid is al I will use..R120 for 500ml..great deal.

Who sells this stuff?

Who sells this stuff?

I have contacted the distributor, who is getting the JHB agent to call me and let me know who retails the stuff... I'll post here once I find out.