Buycycle.co.za Misleading ad

NicoBoshoff

Funny, here you say its a bad thing to get people to click to the site, yet in the other thread you condone it when another shop did it. "Posted Today, 13:53

snapback.pngPatchelicious, on 17 July 2014 - 01:23 , said:

That's not from the original advert placed here.... This is http://www.cwcycles....7-disc-brakeset

That is not relevant. What is important is that you click the link in the advert and when you get to the site, it offers what you are expecting (or more in the case of those who think you need two brake sets on a bike).

"

Geesh, you just can't let this one go, can you? Read it again, but engage your brain first.

I think we may have established who the moron is...(as you put it in CWC's thread)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geesh, you just can't let this one go, can you?

So now that you have been proven an anti-Buycycle hypocrite, I must leave it alone? Ok..... bye

So now that you have been proven an anti-Buycycle hypocrite, I must leave it alone? Ok..... bye

Excuse me????

But actually you are right - I have always been "anti-Buycycle" and couldn't wait for the opportunity to diss them.

Get a life man.

Except that is really for a full set (front and rear). So a R3000 product (Which is what Elixer 7's can go for) can be sold for R1699 it seems? Unless I'm missing your point here, it seems this proves mine.

Is it really for the full brakeset? I dont see any indication that its the full brakeset...

Except that is really for a full set (front and rear). So a R3000 product (Which is what Elixer 7's can go for) can be sold for R1699 it seems? Unless I'm missing your point here, it seems this proves mine.

with you on this one..

Quite amusingly, R3000 is also what an XT set can usually go for on a good day. Edited by Martin Hattingh

If you buy a set of brake pads do you get 2 or 4 pads.

That is a set of pads, not a brake set .

I work in the cycle industry from time to time and a wheel set is two wheels, a brake set is two brakes.

A frame set if it's road includes a headset ,frame ,fork and seat tube.

A crankset has both arms.

A group set includes the entire group set.

If you call any supplier and ask for a brake (hydraulic) set they normally ask if you want rear right or the other way around even though it's irrelevant with some brakes.

Edited by Wyatt Earp

This is the Hub, we moer until everyone can't take anymore.

Don't forget it's Friday tomorrow... This is just the supporting act.

Kick-off time Prof. C. HUKKY?......please......need to warm-up, put on appropriate baggy gear, consume some PED, avoid the MODs, check the pressure profile, etc..........so much going on!

Guest JeeGee

Geesh, you just can't let this one go, can you? Read it again, but engage your brain first.

I think we may have established who the moron is...(as you put it in CWC's thread)

Have to agree with Patchilicious , you are being a hypocrite.

Have to agree with Patchilicious , you are being a hypocrite.

Not hypocritical at all.

An advertiser that misrepresents the offer in order that you visit the page, knowing full well that the actual offer is less than what they would have you believe is what I took exception to.

What CWC have done is advertise a brake set, and if you were perhaps confused about what a brake set is, you would be pleasantly surprised to see that the offered brake set is MORE than what you were expecting. This is not misleading at all, and I have no issue with this.

Please explain how this could be seen as hypocritical?