Attacked on Helshoogte

Gerlach

I thought this sort of thing only happened in CT, such bad news!!!!!!!

I carry a pepper spray on table mountain, not that it will do me any good against a gang of Tik heads

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I carry a pepper spray on table mountain, not that it will do me any good against a gang of Tik heads

That might be a better option that the tazer.

Some nice industrial velcro on the top tube and spray them when they try something, it should at least give you a chance of getting away?

That might be a better option that the tazer.

Some nice industrial velcro on the top tube and spray them when they try something, it should at least give you a chance of getting away?

Remember to mark the top of the spray nozzle with a big red dot to help you remember which way to point it should you need it in a hurry. You dont want to spray yourself.

Chaps, sincere question.

I live in the UK and a bunch of locals have asked me to arrange a cycling/tourist week for them around the Argus next March. Is it worthwhile to do rides in/around Stellenbosch?

I seriously dont want to ruin friendships and at tis rate, I am not sure its worth the chance.

Am I just being paranoid?

You're being paranoid. Stellenbosch is crawling with cyclists at all times of the day. Your chances of being involved in an incident are extremely small. Just be sensible and avoid the known hotspots if you ride alone.

Guys, why don't we approach Carte Blanche with this problem? They should give more than enough coverage and get the whole community involved.

Johan. Ek dink dit kan nogals werk hoor, en dit sal baie nuwe deure kan oop maak.

Thanks for the reassurance, I think... We were planning to be at least 6-8 (mostly roadbike) with a following car. Of course any locals wanting to join a ride would be welcome to do so...

Chaps, sincere question.

I live in the UK and a bunch of locals have asked me to arrange a cycling/tourist week for them around the Argus next March. Is it worthwhile to do rides in/around Stellenbosch?

I seriously dont want to ruin friendships and at tis rate, I am not sure its worth the chance.

Am I just being paranoid?

Why don't you all do the Tour de Boland the week and then the Argus on the Sunday? There's racing cats, but also open.

I guess we are between a rock and a hard place, at this rate it is inevitable that the thread will come along one day "Rider shot for bike on a local trail", when that day comes I feel sorry for what cycling in this country has come to. Each to their own, it's your life

Pretoria - Cyclists in the east of Pretoria say they are under threat from trigger-happy bicycle robbers following a spate of incidents in which one of them was shot in the arm, while another is lucky to be alive after a bullet hit his helmet and missed his head by a few millimetres.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/pretoria-cyclists-under-siege-1.1596204

Pretoria - Cyclists in the east of Pretoria say they are under threat from trigger-happy bicycle robbers following a spate of incidents in which one of them was shot in the arm, while another is lucky to be alive after a bullet hit his helmet and missed his head by a few millimetres.

http://www.iol.co.za...siege-1.1596204

Sad the way it's going. Time to buy shares in indoor trainer companies