Free Nutrition Workshop with Dr. Jeroen Swart

CrimsonWolf

Would have loved to make it, but forgot and by the time you guys started I wa finishing of a nice bloemendal/majic ride.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: deleted my earlier post, because I'm comfortable in my position and no reason to take it further.

Edited by andydude

He is a class act. Clearly knows his stuff. His credentials speak for it self. Coaching olimpians and other top class athletes.

He's a superb professional.

And he knows how to ride a bike too.

Jeroen Swart is one of the most down to earth experts in sports medicine and nutrition. For these reasons his sharing of his professional knowledge and advice deserves some respect, instead of the cynicism and sarcasm. Much of what he shares is available free and this alone is an indication of the self belief of the man.

The Doc is like Marmite....love him or hate him. Certainly knowledgeable but will have a hard time convincing many (including myself) that Product A is superior to Product B.

Went to the presentation last night, was very informative and enjoyed it. He presented scientific evidence of how to fuel before during and after a race.

The only time his product came up was when someone asked about which products contain a specific ratio of fructose and some other form of CHO and he mentioned 4 products: Gu, Powerbar, High 5, and Cadence. And at the end when he asked people questions, he gave some samples to those who were able to answer them.

His talk, his products.

Quite frankly I feel he has all the right to punt his own product.

It's only an issue when he becomes totally biased, so a neutral unbiased approach with a bit of marketing towards his own brand, nothing wrong with that.

Would have loved to make it, but forgot and by the time you guys started I wa finishing of a nice bloemendal/majic ride.

You can download the Powerpoint he used at www.regenerationoutdoor.co.za

Edit: deleted my earlier post, because I'm comfortable in my position and no reason to take it further.

Andy.....DUUUUUDE! (see what I did lol) I don't think ppl are pointing to you some other guys made statement about his products. So I don't think they have pointed to them.

I also attended last night's presentation by Dr Jeroen Swart on Optimal Nutrition (Pre-, Intra-, and Post Race). I found it very insightful and interesting. He is a class act and very knowledgable professional.

Thanks CrimsonWolf for advising us on TheHubSA of this talk and presentation. I am glad I scrutinised TheHub yesterday and by accident saw your posting advising us of last night's talk. Seeing that's it in my back yard, I attended.

I feel I now have a much better idea of what type of carbs my body requires and when!! According to him (scientifically proven) the optimal nutrition of carbohydrate consumption during a race consist of 2:1 Maltodextrin to Fructose at a rate of nothing less than 80-100grams per hour (I think I got this right) ^_^ . Only 4 products in SA have that combination, being PowerBar, GU, High 5 and Cadence.

Thanks,

Gerhard Cruywagen

You can download the Powerpoint he used at www.regenerationoutdoor.co.za

Aaah, brilliant!

Andy.....DUUUUUDE! (see what I did lol) I don't think ppl are pointing to you some other guys made statement about his products. So I don't think they have pointed to them.

Haha all good!

A lot of the studies he refers to were done by Dr. Asker Jeukendrup, himself a very well respected sports nutrition scientist and an Ironman triathlete. Worth a follow via email or twitter. For example, @Jeukendrup: Supplements are meant to supplement the diet... not replace the diet. Some athletes still get this wrong.

The same as with research in buying a bicycle, you should also research supplements and firstly, if you even need it. Knowledge is power. And asking questions moves us forward.