Stolen Specialized Venge 0836306155

Gerhard Shaw

Scary that, Im pretty sure most stolen stuff heads straight to Moz with the proximity to Nelspruit. I know the two businesses I deal with in Nelspruit have a lot of trade with people coming out daily from Moz.

I remember somebody once postex a pic of a local in Maputo riding a Colnago C40. Seat post was sunk until the saddle couldnt go lower. Clipless pedals. He had plakkies on.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember somebody once postex a pic of a local in Maputo riding a Colnago C40. Seat post was sunk until the saddle couldnt go lower. Clipless pedals. He had plakkies on.

That kills me!

It wasnt a red one was it?

Guy I work with built his custom dream bike up and it got stolen a few months later.

Damn, dude - that rules! Well done on getting her back. Now let us know how the hell you managed that!?

all i know is that i'm keeping this okes name for future reference cos he clearly knows how to get **** done

+1 on wanting to know how that happened.

I worked in Moz last year, close to the RSA border. It was terrible to see that more than half of the vehicles there were RSA Hilux and Fortuners. They don't even bother to remove the plates. On top of that it is common knowledge on how much you get for rhino horn and how to get into the Kruger undetected. One of the major horn buyers just completed a mansion in one village and everybody knows him and his 'trade'... We very naively gathered as much info as possible and presented it to a manager of the Limpopo park. He said: "Thank you, but we know all of this". 

Whenever I get pessimistic about our legal and policing system I think of that shithole and then immediately feel way better.

How it happened .

I work and stay in Mozambique. An old employee of mine who knows I ride called me to ask if I want to buy a bike . Once I saw the photo I knew it was stolen and when I checked The Hub I contacted Gerhard .I then went to meet the "owner" of the bike. Gerhard confirmed it was his and we also confirmed a second bike that was there to be that of his friend. I paid a deposit for the two rims so they don't sell it to some random person. Gerhard and myself arrange to meet and from there he  got the police involved and arranged for a meeting with the "owner" where he then got the bikes back and the criminals was taken by the police 

Its scary to see the amount of bikes coming through the border .Due to the lack of any control at the border and corrupt officials anything is possible .

I think its amazing to get both bikes back 

How it happened .

I work and stay in Mozambique. An old employee of mine who knows I ride called me to ask if I want to buy a bike . Once I saw the photo I knew it was stolen and when I checked The Hub I contacted Gerhard .I then went to meet the "owner" of the bike. Gerhard confirmed it was his and we also confirmed a second bike that was there to be that of his friend. I paid a deposit for the two rims so they don't sell it to some random person. Gerhard and myself arrange to meet and from there he  got the police involved and arranged for a meeting with the "owner" where he then got the bikes back and the criminals was taken by the police 

Its scary to see the amount of bikes coming through the border .Due to the lack of any control at the border and corrupt officials anything is possible .

Well done, if most citizens were like you we would have a great future in this country.

How it happened .

I smaak what you did there! First prize dude!

Elf for prez! who was the other inspector who managed to recover a bike in moz? not a new m.o.

How it happened .

With only 12 posts and you are a rock star!!!

Well done! Pity you can 't purchase from Routjie!

With only 12 posts and you are a rock star!!!

Well done! Pity you can 't purchase from Routjie!

And there goes my coffee... [emoji12]

Archived