Bonus

Dale surely Quintana will be riding for Valverde now?

Definitely

I think the team made a statement in that regard

Valverde tends to have a bad day or two, like Sunday.

Quintana is capable of raking in mins with his super climbing.

Things are not settled there, I reckon.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Valverde will surely hit a threshold of fatigue in the latter half of the Tour as he raced TdF too.

Quintana's response to the crash will only be measured today when the road climbs.

Hmmm...

I can see my fantasy league team slowly going south now. The two main guys I picked - Froome and Quintana - are not having a good race. And the 3 that I didn't give enough respect to for this race - Contador (I'm floored at how good he looks), Valverde and Rodriguez - are having a brilliant tour.

Everyone is looking at Contador at the moment, but Purito is quietly going about his business and he's looking brilliant too. That ITT ride of his yesterday was the best I've ever seen from him. If Contador happens to falter at any time, I think Purito is quietly eyeing that top step.

Sky were far ahead of the other teams in terms of stage race performance in 2012 and 2013 Imo it is possible that the other teams have caught up, and some have now passed them. I am not pointing at dope, it may have been something used that was not banned, but that the other teams were not using/not aware of. For example, the banning of Xenon and Argon gas may be one of the factors having an impact now.

I can see my fantasy league team slowly going south now. The two main guys I picked - Froome and Quintana - are not having a good race. And the 3 that I didn't give enough respect to for this race - Contador (I'm floored at how good he looks), Valverde and Rodriguez - are having a brilliant tour.

Everyone is looking at Contador at the moment, but Purito is quietly going about his business and he's looking brilliant too. That ITT ride of his yesterday was the best I've ever seen from him. If Contador happens to falter at any time, I think Purito is quietly eyeing that top step.

Im in the other boat, im hoping to start making up some places now in the fantasy league... Picked both Contador and Rodriguez :clap:

On a seperate note, I was thinking last night that it has been a strange year with GC contenders crashing regularly at races... Cant recall this many crashes from GC riders in one year and this Vuelta still has some climbing and descending to come so we may still see more guys sprawled over the road.

Any takes on why this is happening if there is a reason?

Bike Tech: one small observation was OPQS riding with their rear quick release skewers on the wrong way around. Why? The lever is used to tuck the rear mech cable in-line with the frame. The photo shows Tony Martin and Uran was spotted with the same.

For me, that is the correct (traditional) way to position the rear quick release skewer - i.e. bisect the seat and chain stays. OPQ are a team that always respects tradition, wearing cycling caps on podium instead of baseball caps.

Rule #41 // Quick-release levers are to be carefully positioned.

Quick release angle on the front skewer shall be an upward angle which tightens just aft of the fork and the rear quick release shall tighten at an angle that bisects angle between the seat and chain stays. It is acceptable, however, to have the rear quick release tighten upward, just aft of the seat stay, when the construction of the frame or its dropouts will not allow the preferred positioning. For Time Trial bikes only, quick releases may be in the horizontal position facing towards the rear of the bike. This is for maximum aero effect.

Note the last bit in Rule #41 about the other acceptable way to do it for TT bikes only is to face the skewer straight back, like Cancellara does:

post-22004-0-03576800-1409730423_thumb.jpg

OK jcza, I click what you mean when you say 'wrong way round' now (sorry, I'm slow). The skewer handle should be on the other side of the bike and the nut should be on the drive side.

OK jcza, I click what you mean when you say 'wrong way round' now (sorry, I'm slow). The skewer handle should be on the other side of the bike and the nut should be on the drive side.

Yip QR lever is on drive side instead of non-drive side.