Bonus

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still take my hat off to him for coming back the way he did after eating Tar pie

These guys take a hammering, yesterday Morabito (BMC) was run over by one of the motorbikes.

I saw a clip from GNC on this bike, he runs a monster 58 tooth upfront. That is massive, and probably the reason that he uses the long cage RD

read somewhere that he does this so that he can keep his chain straight in the middle of his cassette and not have to go to the smallest gears at the back when other are at the smallest, don't know if its true or how much of a difference it makes.

read somewhere that he does this so that he can keep his chain straight in the middle of his cassette and not have to go to the smallest gears at the back when other are at the smallest, don't know if its true or how much of a difference it makes.

I can't recall the exact details but it has something to do with how much the chain is bending, hence the reason for him not running 10 but 11 on the cassette. Very interesting stuff.

Was that during the TT? or an early stage?

Damn shocking if it was the TT

A few things in that pic that should tell you it was not during the TT:

1. Handlebars

2. Spoked back wheel

3. Helmet

And, the following vehicle is NOT ALLOWED "along side" or "in front of" the rider during a TT.

I can't recall the exact details but it has something to do with how much the chain is bending, hence the reason for him not running 10 but 11 on the cassette. Very interesting stuff.

interesting indeed would love to hear the science behind but I also wonder why don't all the really big muscles strong riders do it then.

interesting indeed would love to hear the science behind but I also wonder why don't all the really big muscles strong riders do it then.

I think some of the big muscles riders are not big muscled enough to push a 58

jip and cadence according to their strength, tony martin is really a machine. hats off to him

what about the sprinters? I would think they would easily manage on a time trials which usually flat and short distance, I can only think it affects their cadence maybe?

what about the sprinters? I would think they would easily manage on a time trials which usually flat and short distance, I can only think it affects their cadence maybe?

im thinking its power over a certain distance, whereas the sprinters are more burst power for short distance

It was discussed at worlds last year,

he runs it to keep the chain straighter.

Less of a loss in watts apparently but i doubt any normal human would feel the difference.

All these minimal gains

Sprinters won't be able to do it over the full course but only for short intervals.