Prices at Shops - what are they smoking

My behind hurts a lot less since i stopped using chamois creme.

Could be that i am not spending long hours in the saddle

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So iam in the market for a set of zipp 303 firecrest and DA9000 groupset.

I contacted a hubber that's selling a cyclelab voucher as I thought I could score.

I almost died when cyclelab fourways called me back with a price or R32k for the groupset alone wtf are they smoking.?

I am so glad to see that it's only in the cycle industry where things have gone up exponentially in price.

But then again I have been dabbling in air rifles, and the same rifle that cost R 4 K two years ago is now R 8 K.

I contacted a hubber that's selling a cyclelab voucher as I thought I could score.

I almost died when cyclelab fourways called me back with a price or R32k for the groupset alone wtf are they smoking.?

They be smoking the Rand/ Dolla exhange, and the ridiculous shipping costs and import charges, not to mention the electricity price, income tax, insurance etc etc, that South Efrican companies have to deal with.

I am so glad to see that it's only in the cycle industry where things have gone up exponentially in price.

But then again I have been dabbling in air rifles, and the same rifle that cost R 4 K two years ago is now R 8 K.

Dude, your profile pic is wrong. I cannot, I say I say, I cannot look at it.

They be smoking the Rand/ Dolla exhange, and the ridiculous shipping costs and import charges, not to mention the electricity price, income tax, insurance etc etc, that South Efrican companies have to deal with.

Yep, somebody has to keep the gravy train running.

A little off topic, but also price related. My daughter's birthday (11yr) is in a few days. Looking for a MTB with at least disc brakes, proper front shock and an upgrade over the 24s. So, looking at small frame 26er (add in classifieds for Giant Talon - seller MIA - so moved on). Found similar brand new bike (Giant Talon) at two bike shops in PTA........only thing is that they have a price difference of a little more than R2,000 between them. But please, don't mention it to the salesperson (when he eventually decides to leave his computer and coffee after you have just about dismantled the bike to show your interest).......the stare of death. The bikes are precisely the same (even colour). Difference of that magnitude makes my credit card very bouncy........right out the door.

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/97866-giant-talon2/

Opening line says it all, " treat myself to some Assos"

Perhaps a Mcd's soft serve still tops the list of affordable treats......

You should try us for a quote... Or any online store as a matter of fact.

Guest Sam Blake

Stuff gets expensive. When I started high school about 15 years ago it cost my parents R44k a year. I went to sign my daughter up for a half day preschool last week. R44k a year. :0

I buy from www.chainreaction.com its a UK web site fantastic selection for chamois cream I believe the cream they use for cows udders is the way to go udderit or something like it well known and used by the serious mtb multi stage racers

What is this sorcery you speak of...?!

Stuff gets expensive. When I started high school about 15 years ago it cost my parents R44k a year. I went to sign my daughter up for a half day preschool last week. R44k a year. :0

Where the hell did you do st 6 at R44k a year 15 years ago? And where is your daughter going? Mmm...

I don't have any kids so I don't really know the costs. I can ask me ma how much my HS cost.

I read the other day that the most expensive MBA is in the range of $180-200k! Yes, that is in $.

Guest Sam Blake

Where the hell did you do st 6 at R44k a year 15 years ago? And where is your daughter going? Mmm...

I don't have any kids so I don't really know the costs. I can ask me ma how much my HS cost.

I read the other day that the most expensive MBA is in the range of $180-200k! Yes, that is in $.

I was pretty stunned as well. Baby number 2 on the way and I've suddenly realized how expensive these things are. Looks like I'm going to have to get rid of a few of the bikes, these things are too costly to maintain.

I was pretty stunned as well. Baby number 2 on the way and I've suddenly realized how expensive these things are. Looks like I'm going to have to get rid of a few of the bikes, these things are too costly to maintain.

And kids come first. All the best. Hopefully you can keep one bike!

Archived