Prices at Shops - what are they smoking

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so a thread on general prices has been hijacked in to a thread on arse cream.

But FWIW my comments were generally around the prices rather than the specific need for chamois lube.

I just cant understand who can afford this type of cost.

And how the prices have skyrocketed....

so a thread on general prices has been hijacked in to a thread on arse cream.

But FWIW my comments were generally around the prices rather than the specific need for chamois lube.

I just cant understand who can afford this type of cost.

And how the prices have skyrocketed....

With all due respect you brought the arse topic into ... even though it was only in reference to the cream in question.

But yes .... prices for cycling goodies are certainly very pricey.

Agreed, everything has gone up dramatically, wait till you see 2015 prices on bikes. You need to take out a loan to buy a bicycle!

cow udder cream...WTF?

Yip - you can also use it on this !!http://retrocrush.com/archive2007/comic-con/costumes/cowgirl.jpg

Ag nee man, you guys are being doff now..... Bennetts baby bum cream is the answer! Seriously... you all go try it, you talking to a mom here, I know all about fat little bums chafing!

Agreed, everything has gone up dramatically, wait till you see 2015 prices on bikes. You need to take out a loan to buy a bicycle!

Funny that with all the in store finance available now .....

Ag nee man, you guys are being doff now..... Bennetts baby bum cream is the answer! Seriously... you all go try it, you talking to a mom here, I know all about fat little bums chafing!

http://replygif.net/i/345.gif

Talk about EXPENSIVE - KIDS have become totally unaffordable, especially ones that cycle! Just trying to help the OP get this here thread back on track. :ph34r:

Oct 2013 bought Shimano M520 pedals from Cyclelab for R449

Apr 2014 wanted another pair - R799. Two other stores had the same price.

Chain Reaction got the deal at R269 ex VAT (with shipping and a pair of Road pedals as well came in at R750)

I guess that as pedals do not come standard on a new bike, its that Point of Sale purchase that can really be milked crazily otherwise you can't ride your new bike when you get home.

At R449 (judging by the Chain Reaction price) there is still a healthy margin for the store and convenience would mean than I would have bought them. Price is not everything.

At R799, they will unlikely ever have me consult them for pricing on a product again.

I agree, 2 years ago I bought a cheapie bike computer, R149, lost it in the shipping up from the Argus, went to replace it at Solomons with the exact same one, was R349

look....im the last person to defend any retailer,as the only things I buy in person is bread and milk...just about everything else is bought online and from o/s

but all those cheap goodies you bought last year and earlier were imported when the xchange rate was R7.50 to the $ or less

I know a lot of industries that bought and paid in advance for goods that sell well.

Most LBS's and retailers dont import a handful of stuff to sell out their shops

they get from the importers,they dictate the wholesale price

Big name brands have agents here so if theyre doing that its grey imports or illegal

What I dont agree with is wholesalers upping the price of old stock to match the new more expensive stock and pocketing the profit

Now in saying that,can someone please explain to me why online shopping here in RSA is as expensive as the actual retailer in a mall?If they even bother to tell you the price and postage....

Its slowly getting better..but...come on..please...???

Oct 2013 bought Shimano M520 pedals from Cyclelab for R449

Apr 2014 wanted another pair - R799. Two other stores had the same price.

Chain Reaction got the deal at R269 ex VAT (with shipping and a pair of Road pedals as well came in at R750)

I guess that as pedals do not come standard on a new bike, its that Point of Sale purchase that can really be milked crazily otherwise you can't ride your new bike when you get home.

At R449 (judging by the Chain Reaction price) there is still a healthy margin for the store and convenience would mean than I would have bought them. Price is not everything.

At R799, they will unlikely ever have me consult them for pricing on a product again.

Bought M520 at Cycle Lab 2 days ago for R449,99, the 540's were marked around the 800 bux.

Assos shammy cream is crap, use the stuff they use on cow tits or treat yourself to Mark 2

Shops have overheads, therefore expensive.

The only people getting rich in this country is landlords, banks and cancer cadres in parliament

Trust me dude, being a landlord is not all it's cracked up to be.

Archived