Bycycle Imports

DieVlieg

I have spoken and received lots of advice from Hubbers who import Chinese carbon frames and how to avoid paying tax for importing "Gifts". Some okes even resell on the hub. Lets not start a raid on here about what is moral or not. This can even end up as a political debate if you want.

DIPSLICK, Do as you please. I love using my real name on forums as it keeps me responsible for what I say. I might not always make sense or be correct. Unfortunately due to some people acting like asses I no longer associate myself with my place of work as people feel their anonymity vs my openness should and must give them an advantage.

EASY TIGER ITS CALLED JEST

EASY TIGER ITS CALLED JEST

:thumbup: It does not always translate well on typed communication. Then again most of me an the misses fights start this way. My filter is set at 50%.

Anyway I am about to buy a Reverb post for R2300 / Kr 1500. The bike will have to wait till I go myself.

Anyway I am about to buy a Reverb post for R2300 / Kr 1500. The bike will have to wait till I go myself.

Then bring the frame and gruppo back when you go there and get the relatives to post you the wheels.

No laws broken, no funding for Uncle Jake, and not too much spent on shippping.

Then bring the frame and gruppo back when you go there and get the relatives to post you the wheels.

It does seem like this is the only legit way to do it.

Fly KLM on your return Journey, the airline is average but most importantly the flight arrives 10pm.... Never seen a customs agent there at that time in all the trips iv done.

Precisely. Only thing you pay is VAT, but then you'll have claimed back the SEK Vat anyway. If you don't claim back the SEK vat, you're actually doing yourself a disservice - Swedish VAT is 25% compared to our 14%.

Many years ago. On a trip to the states, I bought all new MX kit. I then made sure I used it once or twice (I went snowmobiling), so it looked like I took the gear with me.

No problems at customs then.

Not sure if you could apply the same

Het jy die bike gesien? Sy is dit werd. Gan sommer al daar begin toer. In die somer in Swede sak die son nie rerig nie. Die fiets gan tweedehans wees met import.

nee maar lekker man....kyk net jy kan se of dit werd is....lyk na n moerse nice fiets.

When you travel abroad you are supposed to declare your 'equipment' before you leave the country. Bike, laptop, camera etc etc. If you don't, you can be forced to pay Duty on re-entering the country. There is a limit on gifts etc up to around R5000? where duty will not apply. Anything over this you should be taxed. Duty on assembled bikes is 15%. If you bring the frame in separately from wheels & bars etc (must arrive on separate vessel/aircraft), it is Duty free. This is a loophole SARS is looking at closing. If an item is dutiable and is not declared, you will have to pay the duty plus penalties. If you can show an invoice of 6 months or older (bike bought while you were in the foreign country), you can get a rebate Entry passed which means no Duty.

When you travel abroad you are supposed to declare your 'equipment' before you leave the country. Bike, laptop, camera etc etc. If you don't, you can be forced to pay Duty on re-entering the country. There is a limit on gifts etc up to around R5000? where duty will not apply. Anything over this you should be taxed. Duty on assembled bikes is 15%. If you bring the frame in separately from wheels & bars etc (must arrive on separate vessel/aircraft), it is Duty free. This is a loophole SARS is looking at closing. If an item is dutiable and is not declared, you will have to pay the duty plus penalties. If you can show an invoice of 6 months or older (bike bought while you were in the foreign country), you can get a rebate Entry passed which means no Duty.

Seems like good advice. I hope SARS do not close that loop soon