Comrades 2015

RABUBI

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never done it - I am keen to tackle this, will be nice to do the 90th edition, should be special.. then do 10 of them and do the 100th??

Never done it - I am keen to tackle this, will be nice to do the 90th edition, should be special.. then do 10 of them and do the 100th??

I've heard quite a few guys mentioning that....get your 10th on the 100. Thats a commitment though...comrades every year for the next 10!

Haha. Nah I think 2015 could be Comrades. IM 2016.

I think I am also skipping IMSA next year and doing Comrades. It is something I want to tick of my bucket list. I do not think doing both is an option for me.

I've heard quite a few guys mentioning that....get your 10th on the 100. Thats a commitment though...comrades every year for the next 10!

ya, not sure if the joints will agree with that plan...

So next year is the 90th edition

Anyone up for the big one?

I turn 40 a few days after so decided to punish myself a bit to see if age is getting to me

I read in the comrades booklet that the average age of the comrades runner is 41 so you still young GO FOR IT, im also thinking of doing it along with IMSA

• 4 weeks later...

I entered over the weekend. I am giving Ironman a skip this year to hopefully get my first Comrades under the belt. Man that is a long way to run!

My folks house off in the route on the last hill before the finish...I have watched this race go past their house my entire life...I have threatened to do it every year since I was 18...2015 is an up run past their house...it's the 90th...I turn 40....something is telling me it's time....so I entered the other day!!

Edited by Stretch

Oh..but what really peed me off....entry fee R350...champion chip...R120!!..I know how much those chips are actually and that's like a 800% profit!

So they changed the rules a bit

You cannot use previous years comrades as qualifier, and now people complain about this

Seriously, are people idiots??

You need to be able to finish a marathon and an ultra in the qualifying time anyway or you are f***ed.

People are stupid sometimes....

Remember a talk years back from Mr Nick Bester saying that it was more difficult training for Comrades than it was for IM.