Comrades 2015

RABUBI

at least I know where my family will be...camped out on Jesmond road with 3ks to go

How's everyone's taper going...mines been torrid with ITB striking at 11th hour...managed to fit in 290km in April but it was very erratic since the 11th....and May..only done 50km so far

Biokentikist has been an eye opening experience and hopefully will set me straight by the 31st (at a cost though i might add!). I recommend every runner go see one at some stage..very interesting what he discovers

I had some ITB problems much earlier in the year but luckily I discovered a magic physio who has solved all those issues. Basically want to hug him everytime I see him.

Tapering starting next week, been running pretty consistently so just looking forward to race day now. These long weekend runs are killing me

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had some ITB problems much earlier in the year but luckily I discovered a magic physio who has solved all those issues. Basically want to hug him everytime I see him.

Tapering starting next week, been running pretty consistently so just looking forward to race day now. These long weekend runs are killing me

all i wanna DO is a long run....just to get the head right....fortunately I have a strong base and have about 1200km under the belt this year...else i would really be kakking myself

at least I know where my family will be...camped out on Jesmond road with 3ks to go

How's everyone's taper going...mines been torrid with ITB striking at 11th hour...managed to fit in 290km in April but it was very erratic since the 11th....and May..only done 50km so far

Biokentikist has been an eye opening experience and hopefully will set me straight by the 31st (at a cost though i might add!). I recommend every runner go see one at some stage..very interesting what he discovers

let me guess. you have weak glutes and you are now busy doing all the exercises from the Jane Fonda videos?

let me guess. you have weak glutes and you are now busy doing all the exercises from the Jane Fonda videos?

dont know about the Jane Fonda vids...but my glutes are non existant

Thanks for the suggestions ... how did you guys arrange meeting up at the finish? Haven't been there before - any beacons/gates?

If your club has a tent, gazebo at the finish that is usually the easiest to find and if you for some reason have no idea where she is (i.e. you missed her on the route) other club members who ran and are sitting around the tent may have info.

Depending on when she finishes, the earlier the less chaos, the last 2 hours.... eish are hectic.

Normally I stand just outside the stadium and watch the finishers come in, when she comes passed after waving, shouting, telling her to hurry up....I then make my way to the club tent or pre arranged meeting point. Waiting inside insight of the finish line is difficult unless you get there early and its a bit like being in a huge loose maul (rugby maul)

24 Days, Cant Wait

Only Decided to do Comrades after 2Oceans.. (got a sub entry from a mate) so Mileage started a Little slow but had a good 395km April....

On just over 1220kms so far, hoping to get to race day on 1450km

Just the small issue of Sani2C to get through next week first before I can start a proper taper...

Bring it On

Will be my 3rd and chasing the illusive sub8....

Edited by Ferret69

24 Days, Cant Wait

Only Decided to do Comrades after 2Oceans.. (got a sub entry from a mate) so Mileage started a Little slow but had a good 395km April....

On just over 1220kms so far, hoping to get to race day on 1450km

Just the small issue of Sani2C to get through next week first before I can start a proper taper...

Bring it On

Will be my 3rd and chasing the illusive sub8....

super jealous.....was on 1000 on about the 10th April and only done 200 since...very frustrating to say the least....I am resorting to doing IDT sessions and hoping upon hope that my knee is right come the day....ran this morning and 7ks in I started to feel that familiar dull pain below the kneecap.....just gonna keep on doing small runs along with the IDT work

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks to go and I have inflammation in the knee, time to rest and recover or does anyone have some good advise on what to take.

Two weeks to go and I have inflammation in the knee, time to rest and recover or does anyone have some good advise on what to take.

ha ha join the club! I have been fighting it for the past 2 weeks already...cant run on tar at all - can only run on grass (which is progress!)...only done about 250kms in the past month because of injuries. I am doing heaps of glute and quads excercises twice a day....Im hoping that its gonna be sorted in the next 10 days

We're getting paranoid as well! ;)

ALucas, best advice is to rest and some stretching. I'm also spending more time in the pool this month - great recovery.

Good luck to all running, and see you all at the Finish Line! 

Hi

I am a cyclist(Only)

I have never done a running marathon,I would at max be able to run 10km at the moment,but I am really strong in cycling

If I start training now,would I stand a chance of finishing the 2016 comrades?

Hi

I am a cyclist(Only)

I have never done a running marathon,I would at max be able to run 10km at the moment,but I am really strong in cycling

I started August last year after Sani2C fitness level

Hi

I am a cyclist(Only)

Definitely... plenty time. Just build up really slow to avoid injuries, your running fitness will have you wanting to push up distance quickly, but that will not end well  :thumbup:

There are training programs by Don Oliver, and he also has a book on it (How to make sure of your Comrades Medal - R99 odd) - well worth looking at  :thumbup:

We're getting paranoid as well! ;)

ALucas, best advice is to rest and some stretching. I'm also spending more time in the pool this month - great recovery.

Good luck to all running, and see you all at the Finish Line! 

Must say I'm kakking myself...last big run was a 52km on 10th April and then since then its been a handful of 25s and 15s but predominantly 10s...the plus i guess with my injuries is that it has taken the thought of Bill Rowan out of the equation and now my goal posts have moved to 9:45 lekker....10..happy....10:30 that'll do :D

Hi

I am a cyclist(Only)

oh...and get someone to evaluate your running style early on.....and do 30 squats once a week!