Fatal accident on Solomon Mahlangu

L_D

From what I heard, he was going towards Lynnwood. Happened on the downhill just before the turnoff to Wapadrand. No excuse to overtake there. None.

Definitely no reason as it is a double lane there!

Saddened and so angry at what occurred!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So so sad and so close to home - I rode down there literally half and hour before this incident...could have been me. RIP buddy, so tragic!

And any driver overtaking in the yellow line on this section of road is a criminal...

post-36036-0-23870600-1408351292_thumb.jpg

Edited by Karooryder

RIP Fellow Rider.

Its getting so bad out there the Hub is almost like the Death notices in the Newspaper!

What has to be done to make people aware and to enforce the law and tougher penalties for transgressors?

I was on the scene shortly after the accident. The driver of the bakkie with trailor was passing a taxi in the right hand lane, he lost control and went over the embankment. That is went he hit Mr Breytenbach. The driver stayed on the scene, next to Mr Breytenbach for almost all the time I was there. I am so so sorry Shown, that there was nothing I could do to help. My condolences to his family and loved ones.x

Rest in peace fellow cyclist.... We've all used that stretch of road. Terrible to say the least. Condolences to his family and friends.

RIP