CycleOps SA and Tim Noakes Diet

I have said my part

Kyk noord en f*k voort

I am sorry, but yours is a typical reply of someone who has nothing more constructive to add to a topic he obviously know very little about. Edited by Sniffie

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry, but yours is a typical reply of someone who has nothing more constructive to add to a topic he obviously know very little about.

I did not plan to add anything else, out of choice. I am not going to argue with someone that is not willing to concider options - and that i have long since realised about the LCHF people.

I have done more reading than you expect...

Science have been wrong many a time, and has proven it to itself.

As a scientist I belive when "new" science disproves "old" scince. Its part of my everyday job.

Just today I that mammary analog secretory carcinoma is no longer chategorised as a subtipe of acinic cell carcinoma of the salivary gland

And i embrace that

Until the time i have sufficient proof I will eat bread. My mind is open to be changed

Once your body has got used to exercise without huge amounts of carbs you will be amazed how for you can ride, I have done 4 hour rides every weekend on low carb protein shakes. And feel fantastic. Oh with a coffee stop in between. But I do believe this eating plan has been the best thing I have ever done as far as being more healthy.

Once your body has got used to exercise without huge amounts of carbs you will be amazed how for you can ride, I have done 4 hour rides every weekend on low carb protein shakes. And feel fantastic. Oh with a coffee stop in between. But I do believe this eating plan has been the best thing I have ever done as far as being more healthy.

Have a 24hr one coming up in Nov, and a 35hr one in Dec. Hope it scales up well!

1 scientist (tim himself) says it awesome (and a couple of tjommies

The WHOLE (>95% of it) medical field - doctors, dieticians, pathologists, biochemists, physiologists etc say it is a load of bull doo doo..

And it is

Banting is a sure way to make sure your cardiovascular system is in the world of sh*t.

It has been proven beyond a shred of doubt that even a single high fat meal brings about vascular alterations (lipid build up in the vessel walls with plaque formation and platelet aggregation) - proven by vascular biopsy

If you read up on inflammation - its real - and atherosclerosis (plaques in blood vessels) is the killer

And this diet just p*sses fat into the inferno

Just my informed 2c

Every person has the right to F up his own life as he see fit

Some bant / some smoke

Pretty much quoting the old "plumbing" model which has been proven many times to be wrong.

This does not seem like a controlled study to me. Was it subjected to peer review. Any carb reduction WILL result in weight loss. If that is what you looking for. The longer term effects have not been established

As opposed to the current food pyramid we follow today?

You know the one that says carbs are great which was formulated by one doctor with no clinical testing?

The same one that all current dietitians have studied?

Thanks but it's been proven to be flawed many times over.

Same here, and the biggest naysayers are the ones who havent gone on the diet...

I've been following a LCHF/Paleo diet for past 2 years and you'll be surprised how far you can go BUT I cannot go fast without carbs. This really sums it up for me.... "follow a LCHF diet when off the bike but drink carbohydrates before, during and after exercise to limit the negative effects on glycolysis."

In my opinion Noakes is a maverick, a charlatan and an attention seeker. In a recent study conducted by Dr Celeste Naude of Stellenbosch University(9 July 2014) and published in the online medical journal Pios One, it was found that you can lose weight irrespective of whether you on a LCHF diet or not. A well balanced diet and some exercise is all we need to lead a healthy life style. It has been shown over and over again and have been proven that a diet consisting of high fats can lead to heart disease. Noakes has been challenged on this several times and have found himself wanting. Go ahead and play Russian Roullete if it pleases you

In my opinion Noakes is a maverick, a charlatan and an attention seeker. In a recent study conducted by Dr Celeste Naude of Stellenbosch University(9 July 2014) and published in the online medical journal Pios One, it was found that you can lose weight irrespective of whether you on a LCHF diet or not. A well balanced diet and some exercise is all we need to lead a healthy life style. It has been shown over and over again and have been proven that a diet consisting of high fats can lead to heart disease. Noakes has been challenged on this several times and have found himself wanting. Go ahead and play Russian Roullete if it pleases you

It's never been proven that high fats can lead to heart disease? As far as I know, that's one of the biggest misconceptions out there.

In his letter, Noakes, a professor of exercise and sports science and head of the Sports Science Institute of SA, gave a scientific explanation why a low-fat diet had no proven role in the prevention of heart disease:

"As I wrote in Challenging Beliefs, a 2010 meta-analysis of studies involving 347 747 subjects, published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, found 'no significant evidence for concluding that dietary saturated fat is associated with an increased risk of coronary heart disease or cardiovascular disease'.

"A 2011 report from the Cochrane Collaboration, an organisation that is independent of the pharmaceutical industry, found that 'there was no clear evidence for dietary fat changes on total mortality or cardiovascular mortality'. Thus the scientific evidence is clear: a low-fat diet has no proven role in the prevention of (coronary) heart disease. It is time that cardiologists began to teach this fact in our medical schools.

http://m.news24.com/health24/Medical/Heart/Foods-diet-and-your-heart/Tim-Noakes-heart-disease-theory-has-failed-20130210

I still keep having to refer to my dad. On the diet for 6 months, has been on cholesterol meds for 10 years, and has been given the OK by his doc to stop taking the meds now, as he has improved that much.

Yes, this diet is clearly bad...