SUPERSTAR COMPONENTS: High Shipping Cost

Hairy

I'm just about to build up a wheelset with a set of Switch Evo that I had lying around. Should I be rethinking this decision?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just about to build up a wheelset with a set of Switch Evo that I had lying around. Should I be rethinking this decision?

See what the total cost would be and make a call from there.

The Switch hubs I am using on my SS are really nice.

You can do a Novatec Hubset from EVO for R1690.00

http://www.evobikes.co.za/components/hubs/novatec-d541sb-front-hub-32h.html

http://www.evobikes.co.za/components/hubs/novatec-d542-sb-hube-32h.html

Shipping alone on the Superstar Hubs would be as follows and excluding VAT and Customs

80.00 GBP = 1,422.05 ZAR

See what the total cost would be and make a call from there.

The Switch hubs I am using on my SS are really nice.

You can do a Novatec Hubset from EVO for R1690.00

http://www.evobikes.co.za/components/hubs/novatec-d541sb-front-hub-32h.html

http://www.evobikes.co.za/components/hubs/novatec-d542-sb-hube-32h.html

I've already got the hubs lying around, so is it wise to use them, from a maintenance cost perspective?

From Superstar...

Hello im sorry you feel that way but unfortunately our change in policy is purely based on simple facts.

If we use RM tracked it is only tracked to the country and then disappears, there is no traceable proof of delivery. Also it is much tighter on size and weight of parcels excluding lots of our range. Due to the huge number of parcels which are “lost” (I say lost I presume lots get there but then people demand a refund, we actually stopped shipping to Israel as a group on a forum were openly publishing that they were ripping us off..), then we have to refund. So for these reasons royal mail is out.

Because couriers have to go through customs it costs a lot, and the price listed is the price we pay (sometimes we pay more for large items). UPS is the only way we know 100% of our parcels get there safely, unfortunately its expensive.

We added up all our overseas sales, refunds and costs, and we worked out due to the losses we were making a loss on every product we sold. We couldn’t continue on this loss making and bad customer service basis, so now everything must go UPS.

Reagrds, Neil

Superstar Components LTD

neil.wilkinson@tibolts.co.uk

0845 4758338

Neil Wilkinson - Director

Superstar Components Ltd

I've already got the hubs lying around, so is it wise to use them, from a maintenance cost perspective?

Use them. The bearings are readily available from any bearing supplier (standard size) and the only thing you;ll need to order from them is if your freehub / axle stuffs up, and then there are local alternative options that will fit.

It's just sucky that they've done this,,,

Local is lekker

Depends on what you mean there.....if you mean buying locally pretty sure they don't have a distributor this side. If you mean buy locally produced products then .......lol.

Guest Omega Man

It's disappointing but you can't expect a company to make a loss. Canyon stopped shipping here cos of theft didn't they?

Edited by Omega Man

It's disappointing but you can't expect a company to make a loss. Canyon stopped shipping here cos of theft didn't they?

That part really winds me up ... a couple of crooks screwing it up for the majority!

" If we use RM tracked it is only tracked to the country and then disappears, there is no traceable proof of delivery"

This is untrue, as when it hits our post exchange it will get a ZA tracking number. When you collect at the post office you have to produce invoice and id. Unfortunately one cannot say the same for other countries, pity though that they are just generalising