1x10 converts

feetup

Cool, should it be longer or shorter?

I did the whole big around big thing.

Big around big plus 2 links. Are you using a clutch derailleur?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are in the market for a new NW chainring, we are currently producing them locally. The first batch will be ready for delivery next week. We currently have 32T, 34T and 36T in 104BCD and 102BCD.

Price is R450 each

PM me if you are interested

Just been out and tested this setup .... simply replaced the 3 front blades with a Rapide NW 32T, no clutch RD and didn't touch the chain ..... rode 2 laps of Rietvlei Zoo Farm where I guess there is pretty much all types of terrain. No chain drops at all :)

I have found that if the blade is on the outside of the crank then it falls off when cross chained to 1st gear.

post-271-0-50999200-1409054122_thumb.jpg

Rapide for the narrow wide ring, R550!

One Up Components with 16t ring for back, R950.00!

Where did you get the One Up components from?

Just been out and tested this setup .... simply replaced the 3 front blades with a Rapide NW 32T, no clutch RD and didn't touch the chain ..... rode 2 laps of Rietvlei Zoo Farm where I guess there is pretty much all types of terrain. No chain drops at all :)

I have found that if the blade is on the outside of the crank then it falls off when cross chained to 1st gear.

post-271-0-50999200-1409054122_thumb.jpg

Surely the chain is going to jump off the chain ring over any rough terrain...

Been running a Rapide NW for a couple of months now, strong, solid and no chain drop.

To the OP, you will need short chainring bolts for the front chainring as you are going to a single chainring up front

Not if you run the Rapide ones, that base is thicker to allow you to use standard bolts

I have been running 1x10 conversion for a year plus now without a clucth derailer. Have lost a chain only on 3 occasions, once was during a crash.

I have also been running a 1x10 setup for about a year, including joberg2C and not one chain drop.

XO1 crank

XO1 chainring

Wolf rear

X9 clutch derailier

dalem44, on 26 August 2014 - 09:22 , said:

If you are in the market for a new NW chainring, we are currently producing them locally. The first batch will be ready for delivery next week. We currently have 32T, 34T and 36T in 104BCD and 102BCD.

Price is R450 each

PM me if you are interested

What colours? I am interested. I am in Cape Town so where would I find one?

They are going to be available in black but any colour is available for an added fee of R50 - this will just be in the meantime until the business gets going and we can expand the anodising side.

40T and 42T rear cogs will be in production before the end of the year so we will be supplying them too for a really affordable price.

I meant in that particular setup like in the picture. The chain looks way too long with too much slack.

Been running a Rapide NW for a couple of months now, strong, solid and no chain drop.

To the OP, you will need short chainring bolts for the front chainring as you are going to a single chainring up front

thanks for the feedback.

i will go with this set up.

Archived