Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

You or all 4 of you?

Ha ha, even with a totally flat route, it's going to be a stretch....but on a good day with the wind from behind, perhaps 3 of us. The 4th one is a bit of a bulldozer, strong but slow.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Storms are are double edged sword. Help with fire control but tend to lead to mudslides as the ground no longer has the vegetation to hold the water.

Guest Smimby

Hope it STORMS.

That will cause HUGE mudslides on Chappies

Please bear in mind that the CTCT is a Trust event and generates around R45 million which is reinvested into the community already!

Cancelling the tour will have a massive negative impact on a number of organisations which rely heavily on the funds from the cycle tour. I understand the viewpoint of cancelling and donating to the Firefighters, however I don't believe this is an option. Rather contribute to the fund set up already by CTCT specifically for SANparks and Volunteer Firefighters.

Exactly! If they cancel the tour I'll cancel my flights as well as all the money I'd have blown in Cape Town this week and I'll instead go to Tour Durban and spend my money there. Just saying.

my tune has been changed, I was initially thinking the tour should be cancelled but I read comments here and starting to think we can make this a really fun and uplifting ride for the region.

The Rain is good as long as it is not too heavy, or we might have to all get our knobblies ready for some multi-terrain riding

I don't see how the tour is going to happen in or around Cape Town.

If there's a major fire burning on Table Mountain at the time of the ride, it makes the ride a no-go anywhere in the vicinity.

Right now, the fire is working its way along the mountain towards Table mountain. Up till now there's been no success in stopping it.

I feel sorry for the organisers, they're going to have to base their decision on what conditions are going to be like in four days time. That's educated guess work at best.

They have to err on the side of caution and safety.

If it's cancelled I feel very sorry for those who have spent much more than their entry fees. It sucks.

But this is a natural event.

Nature is bigger than us.

Holding thumbs regardless.

Archived