Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

"Zille said she has full confidence that the fire teams will put the fire out by Sunday, when the Cape Town Cycle Tour takes place.

"It is known as the most scenic cycle tour in the world but now it will tour through some of the greatest devastation that peninsula has ever seen, which will be heart-wrenching," she said"

Does Zille know something? Are we going the original route :ph34r:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very very very bad news ...

time stamp 11H30

Please be aware that a fire has started in Cape Point - confirmed with Scarborough Neighbourhood Watch and reported by conservationists.

"Zille said she has full confidence that the fire teams will put the fire out by Sunday, when the Cape Town Cycle Tour takes place.

"It is known as the most scenic cycle tour in the world but now it will tour through some of the greatest devastation that peninsula has ever seen, which will be heart-wrenching," she said"

Does Zille know something? Are we going the original route :ph34r:

No, she is just being a politician.  The call will rest with Disaster Management and the Tour organisation.  The SE is blowing strong tomorrow again, so expect lots of flare ups. 

My suggestion at another route.

This way you keep the start and finish in the same place.

If they're clever with some barriers they could split the start of N1 where Christiaan Barnard is going out to the Marine Drive turnoff, so that the return on Marine Drive, stays in the left lane of incoming N1, gets onto the Woodstock flyover, does a tight right and heads back onto the divded N1 to come back under the underpass towards the CTICC onto the GreenPoint highway to finish at the stadium.

Stuck to routes that went over bridges on the highways so that those would not be closed. People living in Tableview and riding would have to go in on the N7 and N1 to get to the start. N2 would be completely open and nothing in the Southern burbs or near the mountain.

https://www.strava.com/routes/1517963

If they're clever with some barriers they could split the start of N1 where Christiaan Barnard is going out to the Marine Drive turnoff, so that the return on Marine Drive, stays in the left lane of incoming N1, gets onto the Woodstock flyover, does a tight right and heads back onto the divded N1 to come back under the underpass towards the CTICC onto the GreenPoint highway to finish at the stadium.

Stuck to routes that went over bridges on the highways so that those would not be closed. People living in Tableview and riding would have to go in on the N7 and N1 to get to the start. N2 would be completely open and nothing in the Southern burbs or near the mountain.

Everyone is just throwing vissershok in the mix....Just wonder how the masses will find that 1.1 km stretch.

Everyone is just throwing vissershok in the mix....Just wonder how the masses will find that 1.1 km stretch.

Vissershok will make many unsuspecting Gautengers cry..... (and Capetonians for that matter) 

and the wind coming back.... :(

Vissershok will make many unsuspecting Gautengers cry..... (and Capetonians for that matter) 

If Vissershok is thrown into the route I'm hanging up my road bike for my MTB, just for the granny gear..

That seems like a bloody nice route, same distance and almost the same climbing with a few exciting extras! The tandems will suffer @ visserhok but it's for the better. I like!!!

That seems like a bloody nice route, same distance and almost the same climbing with a few exciting extras! The tandems will suffer @ visserhok but it's for the better. I like!!!

Stop talking about Visserswalk! You give the organisers ideas! :blush:

Archived