Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picture from the chappies toll plaza.

That's how the road is going to look after I sprint with Cavs... LOL...

But in all seriousness, a HUGE respect to all the fire fighters and volunteers involved....

My weather app says 41 degrees tomorrow  :eek:  :eek:

But that the wind will drop substantially..

Ou Kaapse Weg from which side? Tokai?

Half the field won't make it up there :eek:

Nope we will still go around Smits and Misty Cliffs through Ocean View then instead of going left before Ou Kaaps to go over Chappies, We will go straight over Ou Kaaps then Wynberg Hill then Hospital Bend back to Town if I'm not mistaken....

Instead of Nelson Mandela Boulevard. ..we could take DeWaal Drive back into town...love those sweeping bends downhill.....????????

My weather app says 41 degrees tomorrow  :eek:  :eek:

But that the wind will drop substantially..

What's the latest for Sunday? Wind/temps?

Nope we will still go around Smits and Misty Cliffs through Ocean View then instead of going left before Ou Kaaps to go over Chappies, We will go straight over Ou Kaaps then Wynberg Hill then Hospital Bend back to Town if I'm not mistaken....

Thanks. Easier climb from that side. Especially with the wind behind. But the descend down the other side on deep sections will be MOER scary. :blink:  :wacko:

Thanks. Easier climb from that side. Especially with the wind behind. But the descend down the other side on deep sections will be MOER scary. :blink:  :wacko:

LOL trust me if the wind is blowing, u might want to go with a shallow dish wheelset, I went down last week 3 times with my 38mm clinchers and I nearly shat myself, So on Fri I opted for my standard wheels and the wind was heavier than all the previous days and I had no problems... Rather safe than sexy because we all know deep sections look better....

Any idea if this fire will have an closure affect on Chappies?

Sunday's forecast from 6am to 1pm.

Saw this app here on the hub a few days ago and seems very accurate...

post-49286-1425291115,8141.jpg

Archived