PowerTap / meters

Marius

yeah, I/m also starting to toy with the idea of getting the 2.4 GHz Wireless PT, it's just R1500 more, so what the hell?? Speak to Adrian ZippIt, he know everyhtign there is to PT Builds: adrian@bicyclepower.co.za

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speak to Adrian [/quote]

Yes, I know Adrian (Dr. Watt) very well and have had lengthy conversations on the matter
ZippIt2006-09-21 07:30:46

ai Velouria, why you still on about that, the Epic is a waste of money imo, I?d rather spend it on something that?s going to last longer than a few days. Why don?t you rather spend the epic money on a PowerTap, you can do a 100km Mtb ride when ever you want for free??

yeah' date=' I/m also starting to toy with the idea of getting the 2.4 GHz Wireless PT, it's just R1500 more, so what the hell?? Speak to Adrian ZippIt, he know everyhtign there is to PT Builds: adrian@bicyclepower.co.za[/quote']

Wireless is cool but may not be here for a while..

SL is a good bet and the wiring is really not an issue if installed neatly.

ai Velouria' date=' why you still on about that, the Epic is a waste of money imo, I?d rather spend it on something that?s going to last longer than a few days. Why don?t you rather spend the epic money on a PowerTap, you can do a 100km Mtb ride when ever you want for free??

[/quote']

ahh my bald headed buddy, this is where you need to re-evaluate value.

Sure the epic lasts only 8 days and probably, you can ride some of the roads when ever you want to..

But the memories and the experience of having Mike the Mike Irritate teh hell out of you at 6am is priceless and will last a lifetime. Then in case you forget, you can buy the DVD to freshen up those brushstrokes Wink

Do you need the Power Tap SL2.4? Probably not, the std SL will do but riding the Epic, she is a  lifetime experience.

All this money' date=' and you don't want to do the Epic with me... :( [/quote']

You want to do the Epic, did the 24hrs at Malmesbury and Baviaans, and are considering the Monument to Monument rather than the Karoo to Coast?

You want to do the Epic' date=' did the 24hrs at Malmesbury and Baviaans, and are considering the Monument to Monument rather than the Karoo to Coast?
[/quote']

My road bike is feeling quite neglected - enough of this fat tyre business.

Actually - I have run out of money, and need a pay cheque urgently Embarrassed

jaja Tim, I can do with out the power tap, but I can also do without spending R10K Plus on a few memoriesWink either way, you should rather save your money and buy a complete fork!LOL

The best memories are normally free imo.

Velouria, dust the Specialized off and come park your butt along side mine at the M2M!Wink

COmplete fork??

We mock what we don't understand...Tongue

R10K for the Epic, ya thats about right.

Holiday in Europe, R25K upwards

watching 1000 other ou's donner their knees and bums into the next life.......priceless

PowerTap, Probably the best way to blow R6k, but only if youuse it properly.

Now tell me, did you buy the Reba or are you still mucking about with less reliable products?

...if you can get the PT SL for 6k I'll be your new best friend...

Dude, I don't even have my frame yet, I put it on hold since I want the PT SL now, also since I saw the new 2007 SC SL I'll rather wait for the new models to come out, do you know if and when that'll be???

The 2007 SC frames will be available inthe US from november which means March in SA....

PTSL: ok so i rounded down.....

complete build se tme back about R8Kish with Dt Revolution Spokes and a DT 32hole rim.

Matching front wheel will be make it a cool R10K..

Jeeez I got to take my bank manager out for supper sometime. She's been too kind  LOL