I Feel So Embarrassed Today

dev  null

Heel up soon bud :thumbup:

Did you look something like this though?  :ph34r:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8RVIZmeQ7QQ/TH7OGlz2ZXI/AAAAAAAAJ1k/wVM396MNkpc/s1600/633860112745509710-FACEPLANT.jpg

Shoulda worn that fullface!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm - all of us have done this. But it looks like you did it proper. That is one hell of a lot of roasties on your face.

My immortal one was on the spruit when i popped the front up to get up a kerb on republic. The chain snapped. I hit the kerb so hard i popped the tire off the rim and then proceeded to shoot over the bars.

i Looked a lot like you.

Ouch, must be your laatie's hero now.

Only thing is, just last week I gave him a lecture about looking after himself for the Spur Finals next weekend.  His school already lost 2 riders from accidents.  Then I go and do this.  When he saw me, his only words were: "Ai pa".

Evidence.  Really only scratches.  The lips are a bit puffed up today and full of 'rowe' that keeps on cracking when I eat something. And that bruise under the eye is swollen to a nice blueish colour.

attachicon.gifHenry-Faceplant-Version-1.jpg

Yip.

If you'd say Fight Club, I'd believe you.

Get better soon, man.

Guest notmyname

You buy the ticket. You take the ride. We all fall off, there's no need to be embarrassed. Heal up quick and good luck to you young one for the Spur series. I believe it's hotly contended.

Congratulations, you achieved Level 4 on the Ilze Involuntary Dismount Scale.

You missed level 6 because you didn't get the stiches...   :whistling:

Level 0 : Rider claims involuntary dismount occurred, but cannot provide any evidence or witness.  Basically, it never happened! --> Treatment : None
Level 1 : Involuntary dismount witnessed, but no visible injuries to rider other than pride.  --> Treatment : None
Level 2 : Minor bruising and grazing of skin, no blood.  Includes getting smacked in the privates by your stem without passing out. --> Treatment : None
Level 3 : Substantial bruising and grazing of the skin.  No wet bleeding. --> Treatment : First Aid Kit
Level 4 : Bruising and cuts with flowing blood not requiring stitches. --> Treatment : First Aid Kit
Level 5 : Temporary loss of consciousness not requiring hospitalisation. Incudes passing out after getting smacked in the privates by your stem. --> Treatment : First Aid Kit
Level 6 : Bruising and cuts with flowing blood requiring stitches. --> Treatment : Outpatient
Level 7 : Substantial bruising, sprained joints requiring recovery and treatment of joint by doctor. --> Treatment : Outpatient
Level 8 : Extended loss of consciousness or concussion requiring hospitalisation and CAT scans. --> Treatment : Hospitalisation
Level 9 : Broken bones requiring hospitalisation and resetting with plates and pins. Internal bleeding. --> Treatment : Hospitalisation
Level 10 : Let's hope nobody goes here. --> Treatment : RIP

Thanks fellow hubbers.

I had such a laugh at all the responses.  Makes all the hurt and broken ego go away.

Hope I see some of you at the Spur Classic this weekend.  I will be helping out with the route marking out tomorrow afternoon, broken face and all.  Doing the 30km with my one son, my other son and wife will be doing the 15km.

Eina, dit lyk seer!

Did your wife laugh? From what you wrote it doesn't sound like it (in my book it makes the consequences of the involuntary dismount a lot better).

And it sounds like your son learns from your mistakes which is brilliant!

I had a good face-plant when I was 17 or 18. Was riding to a friend and did an OTB going down a "walletjie" which was about 40 degrees and 10m long. Also remember the hands staying on the handle bars and splitting out grass and ground afterwards. Arrived at the friend who was only a couple of minutes away, and the laughing started, and continued for a couple of weeks until my face healed up. Think I had roasties on my chin, upper lip, nose, forehead. Good news is that your face should heal up quickly (couple of weeks). 

Took the kids to Heia Safari on Wednesday.........was trying to show off and came off on one of the bends, bruised ribs, sore arm, scraped leg......worst of all is the ego! 

Ouch! That does not look like fun.

Had a wee incident meself this weekend... Rode with friends to Red Barn and played around there a bit. On our way back, less than 2km from the Barn we were riding next to the road, on the wide gravel shoulder, on our way towards Irene. Then, on the other side of the road a train came past... but a really nice train! One of those luxury thingymabobs. I was checking it out wondering whether it was the Blue Train or Rovos Rail or what train this actually was, all the while picturing myself in my early youth on our family vacations, where we always went by train. My dad worked for Spoornet in those years. Ah, staring at the train brought back so many memories... so nostalgic.

and then I rode into a roadside barrier. Went flying over the handlebars, broke my saddle clean off and cut my knee open requiring stitches. Officially the dumbest crash ever.

...and I still don't know what train it was...

I suppose it's a message from the powers that be that a 48 year old father should not behave like his 14 year old teenager son.

Hahahahaha! My kid a couple years back said my name should be Sir Crash-a-lot! 

But, he should be careful…at least every second week I get a mail from sister on duty at his school's sick bay to say he's injured himself.    

Met eish!!!!!!!!!

Did something similar as a teenager on my BMX back in the 80s.

(What's the rest of the slogan on the tee btw?)

Edited by Tubehunter

Thanks fellow hubbers.

I had such a laugh at all the responses.  Makes all the hurt and broken ego go away.

Hope I see some of you at the Spur Classic this weekend.  I will be helping out with the route marking out tomorrow afternoon, broken face and all.  Doing the 30km with my one son, my other son and wife will be doing the 15km.

Take care of those wounds to try prevent scars (from the sun especially)

Wear your cricket sun hat under your helmet.... :eek: