Cyclist down at Llandudno entrance

Bernard Horn

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All. Please ignore the non-accurate reports on the condition of Alriza. I have just spoken to visitors of the hospital. She is currently still under sedation due to the swelling on the brain. She has lots of cuts and bruises. Her leg and face was operated on and whilst she is still in ICU, her condition is stable. She will have more operations on her face when the swelling subsides. We ask that everyone allows the club to communicate only accurate facts on this case, since it is disturbing for her family and friends to be exposed to everyone's own version of her current situation.

Good to hear. Hope she makes a full recovery.

I also believe this is the time and place for the PPA to use their funds and lawyers to prosecute the car driver with the maximum possible punishment.

Looks like a court appearance on Thursday - anyone know what time the accused will be there? I think its time for a showing of support to the victim

Looks like a court appearance on Thursday - anyone know what time the accused will be there? I think its time for a showing of support to the victim

Indeed! Anyone got a name for the perp yet? Will be interesting to see if someone knows him.

Hi All. Please ignore the non-accurate reports on the condition of Alriza. I have just spoken to visitors of the hospital. She is currently still under sedation due to the swelling on the brain. She has lots of cuts and bruises. Her leg and face was operated on and whilst she is still in ICU, her condition is stable. She will have more operations on her face when the swelling subsides. We ask that everyone allows the club to communicate only accurate facts on this case, since it is disturbing for her family and friends to be exposed to everyone's own version of her current situation.

Thanks for setting the facts straight. Strengths to the rider and her family.

These courts are so crap we could spend all day there. But I would alos like to try my very best to go and see the preceedings. Is he out on bail?

Yes he is. That's what they said on Kfm.

These courts are so crap we could spend all day there. But I would alos like to try my very best to go and see the preceedings. Is he out on bail?

I'm also going to court - as cyclists, we need to show our support to the family and send a message to the public that we want to see justice done.

Hi All.

Firstly I would like to express my gratitude to all those who enquired about creating a presence at the court proceeding of the accused in the accident where Alriza Reid was involved.

The accused will appear on Thursday, October 2 at the Wynberg Magistrates Court, in Church Street, Wynberg (opposite Maynardville theatre).

Court proceedings will start at 9am - we ask all cyclists to gather outside, dressed in their cycling kit, to show their support for Alriza and to protest against reckless driving by motorists and the rights of cyclists to share our roads safely, from 8.30am-9.30am.

For those who owns the 1.5m PPA Cycle Kit, please wear them.

Those who wish to go watch court proceedings can also do so although we do not know the exact time he will appear.

We have encouraged the media to cover the proceedings as they have expressed an interest to do so. Please try and be there to add to our presence.

Please spread this message as far and wide as you can.

Your assistance in this regard would be valued.

Yours in Cycling.

City Cycling Club

Anyone got the drivers name yet?

SAPS and the prosecutor have. It cannot be published until he appears and is charged.

Archived