Lucky to be posting this myself.

Jonkie

Guest notmyname

Heal up soon man. What a horrid way to spend Sunday morning. Drink driving in this country is just way to common. Why is this the case? Surely the pigs realise how rife this crime is.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sh!t!!! I am glad you guys are ok. If we're not getting mugged then the damn motorists are the issue!  Get well soon!

Yoh, glad you survived more or less in one piece. Hope to hell they catch the driver, and make him face the full weight of the law.

It seems that these guys were very lucky. The driver apparently was driving 140km/h in an 80 zone to get away and it took about 30 minutes to get close enough to get the number plate, reports from Stellies cops or friends thereof, that they are on it. Hope they catch him so that Ray and him can hold each others hand while baba takes them for a test :ride"

Luckily one of the motorists that were driving behind him gave chase and got his registration.

unfortunately, when they find this p.o.s he wont be drunk any more and will walk away with a small reck and neg...if we are lucky

Glad to hear you okes are "ok". we helped 4 youngster yesterday at the scene of an accident at Potsdam I/C after the Golf they were in was laying on its roof. It would appear they skipped a red light and hit an elderly couple travelling in a Volvo. They all smelled of booze :cursing:  

I know its against the law, but what about riding on the other side of the road facing the traffic, at least you can see your enemy coming and avoid an impact if necessary. And if you think about it, what difference does it actually make? The relative speed difference is minimal.

Thanks for all the well wishes. Only now that reality hits, I realize how blessed and lucky we are. It could have been so much worse.

I know its against the law, but what about riding on the other side of the road facing the traffic, at least you can see your enemy coming and avoid an impact if necessary. And if you think about it, what difference does it actually make? The relative speed difference is minimal.

Going at 30km/hr into a car traveling at 60km/hr is the equivalent of hitting a stationary object at 90km/hr. Both travelling in the same direction and the impact speed is now reduced to 30km/hr.

Glad to hear you okes are "ok". we helped 4 youngster yesterday at the scene of an accident at Potsdam I/C after the Golf they were in was laying on its roof. It would appear they skipped a red light and hit an elderly couple travelling in a Volvo. They all smelled of booze :cursing:  

"I'm sorry officer, when I was helping him he slipped out of my hands and banged his head on the tarmac. About twenty times."

nice idea, but the speed is actually quite a difference. Also, you now get the possibility of cyclists crashing head on/avoiding each other. and you are out of sync for any road crossings too. works for runners, not bikes.

edit: enemy is not all the cars on the road. it's the one in a thousand car who is reckless.

Heal up soon man. What a horrid way to spend Sunday morning. Drink driving in this country is just way to common. Why is this the case? Surely the pigs realise how rife this crime is.

what's the point of calling them pigs?

Archived