Nissan Trailseeker #5

corrie.kuilder

How tough is the marathon in terms of technical riding? Any tips for someone who is doing their fist mtb marathon?

For this one just be fit. I can see nothing here that will require you to be a pro. It all depends how fast you want to go.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recorded 678m of climbing last year so if the route is +- the same it can't be much different.

Flip if that is all there is then it is peddles pumping all the way.

Flip if that is all there is then it is peddles pumping all the way.

Yea. Want to better my time of 3h11min of last year.

Held back a bit after the punishment I received at Van Gaalens and Hakahana that year.

From MapMyRide:

DESCRIPTION: This is a 67.65 km Bike Ride in Centurion, 06, South Africa. The Bike Ride has a total ascent of 653.74 m and has a maximum elevation of 1,600.35 m.

How tough is the marathon in terms of technical riding? Any tips for someone who is doing their fist mtb marathon?

Nice flat and fast race, but like others said its best to start slow.

From last year I can remember an interesting short technical descend (may try it this year), and then there was a rocky/technical 1km in the last 10km, I just walked it because I was a bit low on energy at that point.

Forgive my ignorance, but do you need a chip or something to record your time. 

This is my first Trailseeker and can't remember seeing anything like that when entering. 

This is my first Trailseeker and can't remember seeing anything like that when entering. 

Need a SAS board, think you can buy one at the event but not sure.

As Kraggie said you need a SAS board, if you have already entered you can get the board at registration - either at the different LBS registration points or I think even the morning before the event - just take R50 along to pay for the board.

As Kraggie said you need a SAS board, if you have already entered you can get the board at registration - either at the different LBS registration points or I think even the morning before the event - just take R50 along to pay for the board.

Thanks, Frost!

Thanks, Frost!

Sorry one more thing if you enter for the event, there is a option to select a SAS board as part of your entry package - then it will definitely be part of your registration pack (Or that is how it worked when I entered for my first Trailseeker race)

Bleak to be missing this one. SASeeding is coming down nicely, and keen to clean out the cobwebs after B&B.

Lemme sum up my past 4 months worth of training .... there, done. Gonna *** of properly, again ... but hey, the reason that kept me from riding my bike has been worth it so far, and will pay off even better in future. There's always next year :)

Archived