on Kindle: Everything you need to know about Bicycle Chains - Author Johan Bornman

straatvark

A hubber that knows his shyt about chains [emoji6]

Aah. So is he just a chain guru or does he actually know something else?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chains shmains - I have a dura ace group on my old road bike and I've never changed the chain.

25,000km and the chain is stretched all to hell - the chainrings and cassette look like sharks teeth.

No slips, skips or jumps. I sometimes feel bad but I don't ride road much any more and spending money on something that isn 't broken seems a bit silly.

OR, if you like fantasy you could buy my wife's book.... :ph34r: shameless punt i know :devil:

I'm scared to ask what kinda fantasy...kidding! Punt away! 

A thing that has been bugging me - and one or two other hubbers - is the bio on Amazon...did he really finish an Epic?

A thing that has been bugging me - and one or two other hubbers - is the bio on Amazon...did he really finish an Epic?

He did.

Worked as a volunteer and then made it in to the race the following year with a guy whose name starts with an M and finishes with an L.

His partner M couldn't carry on, but Johan rode everyday ,coming in far at the back of the pack, but he rode EFI (every ffffff inch) as far as I can recall.

I remember seeing him sitting on paving looking really broken after the  monstrous 158 km. stage.

As far as I recall he didn't get a finishers medal.

That was a really hard Epic with a heavily rain soaked first day, I don't think they made the cut-off that day, my partner and myself went to the hotel, showered and got in to some warm clothes and went back to the finish, they were still on the course, but then so was around 30 % of the field and the cut-off had already been extended.

Anyone who rode that Epic and EFI of it, is a hard man in my eyes, that I will give the man.

Edited by Wyatt Earp

He did.

Worked as a volunteer and then made it in to the race the following year with a guy whose name starts with an M and finishes with an L.

His partner M couldn't carry on, but Johan rode everyday ,coming in far at the back of the pack, but he rode EFI (every ffffff inch) as far as I can recall.

I remember seeing him sitting on paving looking really broken after the  monstrous 158 km. stage.

As far as I recall he didn't get a finishers medal.

That was a really hard Epic with a heavily rain soaked first day, I don't think they made the cut-off that day, my partner and myself went to the hotel, showered and got in to some warm clothes and went back to the finish, they were still on the course, but then so was around 30 % of the field and the cut-off had already been extended.

Anyone who rode that Epic and EFI of it, is a hard man in my eyes, that I will give the man.

Ah, ta for the info.  :thumbup: