on Kindle: Everything you need to know about Bicycle Chains - Author Johan Bornman

straatvark

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for the sequel!!! I heard its a bit longer at 113 pages and is all about lubing the chain.

Exciting stuff

Everything is better with lube... :ph34r:  :eek:

lube it up to da max

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Media/Pix/pictures/2011/9/12/1315832609697/Ali-G-007.jpg

I think it is time to throw some oil on these troubled waters.

If you had a basic understanding of tribology, then you would know that, mostly, oil and water do not mix.... and that waterproof grease is not actually waterproof...

I've skimmed through this thread and I'm more than surprised by the general tone.

The fact that he's put together a 91 page book on chains seems to surprise some people? I wonder why ?

post-7427-0-56027100-1412858981_thumb.jpg

Edited by johannrissik

I've skimmed through this thread and I'm more than surprised by the general tone.

The fact that he's put together a 91 page book on chains seems to surprise some people? I wonder why ?

attachicon.gifsign of intelligence.jpg

I will put together 91 pages on tampons, then I will repost this picture when you ask "but why"

if in doubt, revert to Sheldon.

here he sums it up in his opening sentence

A Religious Question

Chain maintenance is one of the most controversial aspects of bicycle mechanics.

I will put together 91 pages on tampons, then I will repost this picture when you ask "but why"

...and the answer would be that because it's probably important to about 50% of the world's human population?

You might also be interested to read one of the reasons why Samantha Gash and Mimi are running the FC route.

edit spelling

Edited by johannrissik

You might also be interested to read one of the reasons why Samantha Gash and Mimi are running the FC route.

edit spelling

Tell me more .

If you take the author's online personality into account, then according to this poster you posted, he is an idiot.

OK, thanks. So it's about his online personality.  I get the picture, thanks.