Stolen Pinarello Spotted!! Stellenbosch Arterial

clauderoux

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man i cant help if you feeling a bit slow today

I bet no one bothered to notice what shoes he was wearing, all they see is the overall and because of that assumed it was stolen.

Logic is that if the guy in overalls had proper cycling shoes and was clipped in then it’s unlikely he stole it.

A dead giveaway would be if he was cycling with fancy road pedals and safety boots / takkies.

No, slow is you sweating the little things. as per the OP's post, aswell as Smurfy's, they did not see that. Secondly, if you knew the area, you would maybe be able to have given a more educated comment....thirdly.....Blue Overalls on an italian bicycle...sorry just thought id mention it again in the hope that the penny drops...

How shortsighted of the world to think that the majority of pina owners wear cycling clothes while cycling

I regularily see guys / girls riding expensive bikes during the week going to work in their work clothes...wearing proper cycling shoes. Sometimes they even have flat pedals with their work shoes but these are mostly on cheaper bikes.

Small white board with black nrs. Just sent PPA a mail.

Check with WPCyling. They issued number plates for 2014 League (Summer).  It was then timed by About2time. Since then TOP Events took over. They have a list of all the numbers that was issued by About2Time. (they timed lights by linea )

Before that it was PPA. and the number changed for every season (have a few number from my son that rode league)

Edited by Slow_one

I regularily see guys / girls riding expensive bikes during the week going to work in their work clothes...wearing proper cycling shoes. Sometimes they even have flat pedals with their work shoes but these are mostly on cheaper bikes.

Still, there is a bigger chance for a person wearing an overall on a pina to be a criminal than not - there is always exceptions as well

No, slow is you sweating the little things. as per the OP's post, aswell as Smurfy's, they did not see that. Secondly, if you knew the area, you would maybe be able to have given a more educated comment....thirdly.....Blue Overalls on an italian bicycle...sorry just thought id mention it again in the hope that the penny drops...

Exactly, sometimes its the little and not so obvious things that make a big difference while assumptions end up being ASSumptions.

LOL you cant help yourself can you, now its "the area" and "blue overalls"

Bottomline....if I think / feel a bike is stolen no matter the demographic, I will ask / point as to where the bike came from.

Care rocks about being PC / sweeping, if it turns out to be my mistake, well then so be it. I am sure the person's ego will survive it. The OP did the right thing by posting it here, he also did it in a very diplomatic manner. PGA applause for clauderoux.

To the PC brigade, riddle me this...would you be ok with this thread if it was your pina?

Anyhow, fluit fluit...storie is uit.

Still, there is a bigger chance for a person wearing an overall on a pina to be a criminal than not - there is always exceptions as well

Perceptions

And if he was driving a car of equal value?

I'm not saying its impossible, just saying that some people incorrectly assume that blue collar types for some reason are further down the "keeping up with the Joneses" scale of evolution.

Bottomline....if I think / feel a bike is stolen no matter the demographic, I will ask / point as to where the bike came from.

Care rocks about being PC / sweeping, if it turns out to be my mistake, well then so be it. I am sure the person's ego will survive it. The OP did the right thing by posting it here, he also did it in a very diplomatic manner. PGA applause for clauderoux.

To the PC brigade, riddle me this...would you be ok with this thread if it was your pina?

Anyhow, fluit fluit...storie is uit.

I'm slow and uneducated, pse explain slowly what this means:

"PC brigade"

"Care rocks about being PC / sweeping..."

Exactly, sometimes its the little and not so obvious things that make a big difference while assumptions end up being ASSumptions.

LOL you cant help yourself can you, now its "the area" and "blue overalls"

Wow...you astound me sir...no more time shall be wasted on you. You honestly just taking up space here. Enjoy your day in "OUTSIDE SA" where exotic Italian bikes are commuted on through townships without worry or suspicion. 

I'm slow and uneducated, pse explain slowly what this means:

"PC brigade"

"Care rocks about being PC / sweeping..."

PC brigade = political correct people...you know lets not saying anything because their are of X Y or Z race.

Care rocks about being PC / sweeping = Call a spade a spade...if it smells like poo, looks like poo...well then I am going to say its poo. I am not going to gooi chanel no 5 on and sell it as something else.

Wow...you astound me sir...no more time shall be wasted on you. You honestly just taking up space here. Enjoy your day in "OUTSIDE SA" where exotic Italian bikes are commuted on through townships without worry or suspicion. 

Carefull you dont fall off your high horse, its a long drop down to my level