Stolen Pinarello Spotted!! Stellenbosch Arterial

clauderoux

Well, I wear blue overalls, a hard hat and safety shoes at work, and that also is my attire (sans hard hat) when I cycle to work, and I own a Pinarello FP Quattro, which I purchased on a trip to the UK. Here is a link to the bike I purchased from the bike store in Chester, just south of Manchester: https://www.thebikefactory.co.uk/productdetails.asp?productid=68290

So, let us not be too hasty to judge a book by its cover?

Why are people so uptight these days :whistling: All the OP is trying to do is to help someone that might have had their bike stolen. :thumbup: If its not stolen, hey then all is "ok" :clap:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, it's reasonable to post something here that seems suspicious to most reasonable people.

Of course there will be exceptions that can be drawn upon, but this idea that political correctness outweighs logic is rediculous.

Being offended is not a crime, bicycle theft is!

Well, I wear blue overalls, a hard hat and safety shoes at work, and that also is my attire (sans hard hat) when I cycle to work, and I own a Pinarello FP Quattro, which I purchased on a trip to the UK. Here is a link to the bike I purchased from the bike store in Chester, just south of Manchester: https://www.thebikefactory.co.uk/productdetails.asp?productid=68290

Nice bike!

So how often do you use it to commute to work here in SA, along unsafe rounds in your building site clothes?

Edited by Patchelicious

OP don't take any note of the PC brigade, the fact is that the chance of the bike being a stolen one is far more than it not being so. If that was my bike and I came across this I would be super happy. If the bike turned out to be not stolen, well then the guy doesn't even know about it, nevermind taking offense.

We need more people like clauderoux. If it looks dodge, well then it probably is.

Let us be a bit MORE hasty to WAKE UP from LA LA land and realise this is AFRICA, and that situations like that are HIGHLY UNLIKELY. And FP Quattro's aren't real Pinarello's anyway.

Let us be a bit MORE hasty to WAKE UP from LA LA land and realise this is AFRICA, and that situations like that are HIGHLY UNLIKELY. And FP Quattro's aren't real Pinarello's anyway.

Also taking into account that it was spotted in stellenbosch which is probably the hottest bikejack / bike theft hotspot of late.

Its like giving the nigerian, standing on the corner in hillbrow with a packet of white powder the benefit of the doubt that he is on his way to go bake a cake at a friend's place and that the white substance is icing sugar.

flamesuite on...PC brigade will be on me quickly for my sweeping statement of foreign nationals living in hillbrow.

A Pina with Japanese components... the ultimate insult

I would have to agree it's not like the OP went over took the bike off the man or even accused him of stealing it! He has created the awareness so that if someone has had a bike stolen of that description he could go stake it out and see and then perhaps take action .....

Why? The bike's made in the East...

True as with most brands lately. I'm just old school and purist when it comes to Italian bikes. To me feels like someone putting a ford engine in to a Ferrari. But getting back to the subject on hand. The driver at my wife's office owns a carbon Marida bought by the company to help him with his sport and also uses it to work. If I didn't know that I would also wonder how this guy can afford it so you can't judge a book by its cover

Drove past the bike this morning. The dude can ride and has a race nr864 on the seat post. Bike also in good condition. 

All this Political Correctness BS is starting to get to me. :cursing:  :cursing:

STOP BEING SO DAMN SENSITIVE ABOUT YOUR RACE AND START USING YOUR LOGIC.

If it looks dodgy, it looks dodgy...................

It wasn't about race (i dont think the OP mentioned race at all...probably on purpose) but about the reference to a person wearing blue overalls riding a pino aka blue collar worker.

TBH being a former blue collar worker myself and taking part in sport more expensive than cycling at the time i also dont appreciate the ASSumption that a blue collar worker probably cannot afford it....its a stupid social stigma thing.

And yes i know the OP's intentions were good and meant to help someone who may have had pino stolen, so imo no harm done

We're completely missing the point here....the fact is....more than likely...if you own a Pinarello...your probably not going to be riding down Stellenbosch arterial firstly(on the side of Silversands, Wesbank, Delft etc...), and secondly, you wont be riding in blue overalls. Working in overalls and riding an italian bicycle in overalls is 2 COMPLETELY different things....thought that would be common sense....

Edited by Fabian46