Stolen Pinarello Spotted!! Stellenbosch Arterial

clauderoux

There are going to be exceptions. But if this guy is a development rider with the bike sponsored even he knows the value of saving the expensive groupset components for race days and the value of riding his expensive bike to work and back. I'm sure he would've made a plan to get a cheaper commuter to do the work trip. (More so for keeping the bike safe whilst he is on the job as well!) If he's fitting in legit training before and after work, he would have a backpack and be wearing proper cycling kit. As devoted cyclists we know these are the only plausible options. Because neither of these exist the situation will always seem dodgy! Good job OP on posting.

Anyone able to look up who race number 864 is?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're completely missing the point here....the fact is....more than likely...if you own a Pinarello...your probably not going to be riding down Stellenbosch arterial firstly(on the side of Silversands, Wesbank, Delft etc...), and secondly, you wont be riding in blue overalls. Working in overalls and riding an italian bicycle in overalls is 2 COMPLETELY different things....thought that would be common sense....

Will try and spot him in the morning and make him an offer. Damn nice ride. :blush:  :blush:

We're completely missing the point here....the fact is....more than likely...if you own a Pinarello...your probably not going to be riding down Stellenbosch arterial firstly(on the side of Silversands, Wesbank, Delft etc...), and secondly, you wont be riding in blue overalls. Working in overalls and riding an italian bicycle in overalls is 2 COMPLETELY different things....thought that would be common sense....

more than likely...probably not...wont be riding in blue overalls....Working in overalls and riding an italian bicycle in overalls is 2 COMPLETELY different things....thought that would be common sense....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Drove past the bike this morning. The dude can ride and has a race nr864 on the seat post. Bike also in good condition. 

Did u notice what shoes and pedals he was riding in, that would tell us a lot more than the silly references (not yours) to blue overalls

work shoes with fancy pedals or proper cycling shoes and pedals :eek:

Noooo all we see is a blue overall..... :w00t:

Change the title of this thread...

You have established that it's not stolen.

Someone post up this 'establishment' please. I see more facts but the doubt remains...

more than likely...probably not...wont be riding in blue overalls....Working in overalls and riding an italian bicycle in overalls is 2 COMPLETELY different things....thought that would be common sense....

Did u notice what shoes and pedals he was riding in, that would tell us a lot more than the silly references (not yours) to blue overalls

Who the hell cares! blue, pink, green, brown overalls...lengthy comments with very little logic...are you adding value or what is your aim here?

Will look out in the morning.

Well, I wear blue overalls, a hard hat and safety shoes at work, and that also is my attire (sans hard hat) when I cycle to work, and I own a Pinarello FP Quattro, which I purchased on a trip to the UK. Here is a link to the bike I purchased from the bike store in Chester, just south of Manchester: https://www.thebikefactory.co.uk/productdetails.asp?productid=68290

So, let us not be too hasty to judge a book by its cover?

How shortsighted of the world to think that the majority of pina owners wear cycling clothes while cycling

Who the hell cares! blue, pink, green, brown overalls...lengthy comments with very little logic...are you adding value or what is your aim here?

Man i cant help if you feeling a bit slow today

I bet no one bothered to notice what shoes he was wearing, all they see is the overall and because of that assumed it was stolen.

Logic is that if the guy in overalls had proper cycling shoes and was clipped in then it’s unlikely he stole it.

A dead giveaway would be if he was cycling with fancy road pedals and safety boots / takkies.

Don't forget Western Province Cycling... Could be a CSA number?

Small white board with black nrs. Just sent PPA a mail.