Stolen Pinarello Spotted!! Stellenbosch Arterial

clauderoux

Hi guys,

On my commute to work this morning I was driving down Stellenbosch Arterial towards Cape Town and spotted a guy on the opposite side of the road going towards Van Riebeeck Road riding a black PINARELLO.

Now who am I to say who rides what bike, but someone dressed in blue overalls, looking like a production line worker who works in a factory, probably does not have money for a bike like that.

I know I dont!!

I saw this guy on Stellenbosch Arterial between Range Rd and Saxdown Rd.

I felt so helpless! What do you do?? I will report it to the Kuilsrivier Police, but I suggest that if its your bike or you know of the person whose bike it is, you go and wait, with help of police, between those two roads at around 16h30 for when tht person might return home.

It was a black Pinarello and it still had its plastic racing number attached to the seatpost.

Hope this can be of help to someone.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dis seker n chinarello...anyone can afford those, or not :eek:

Kan wees ja, maar selfs dit is 'n duur fiets vir iemand van daardie beskrywing

No sorry, was too far to see

Ahh, good job though. Might be able to re-unite someone with their bike. Good karma to you sir

Now who am I to say who rides what bike, but someone dressed in blue overalls, looking like a production line worker who works in a factory, probably does not have money for a bike like that.

Well, I wear blue overalls, a hard hat and safety shoes at work, and that also is my attire (sans hard hat) when I cycle to work, and I own a Pinarello FP Quattro, which I purchased on a trip to the UK. Here is a link to the bike I purchased from the bike store in Chester, just south of Manchester: https://www.thebikefactory.co.uk/productdetails.asp?productid=68290

So, let us not be too hasty to judge a book by its cover?

Well, I wear blue overalls, a hard hat and safety shoes at work, and that also is my attire (sans hard hat) when I cycle to work, and I own a Pinarello FP Quattro, which I purchased on a trip to the UK. Here is a link to the bike I purchased from the bike store in Chester, just south of Manchester: https://www.thebikefactory.co.uk/productdetails.asp?productid=68290

I don't think anyone is judging, the likelihood of someone in overalls riding a bike like that which he legitimately owns is very rare. The OP has spotted something that would seem suspicious to any reasonable person who knows a thing or 2 about bicycles.

By sharing that info on this forum might help someone get their bike back. And if the bloke in the overalls legitimately owns the bike, good on him it's a very cool bike:)

I have huge respect for anybody who works at Sasol Chemical Industries or Natref, as you likely do. But let's not confuse reality with circumstance. If your Pinarello was stolen, I'm sure you'd be most grateful if a similar post lead to you being re-united with your prized asset.  

I don't think anyone is judging, the likelihood of someone in overalls riding a bike like that which he legitimately owns is very rare. The OP has spotted something that would seem suspicious to any reasonable person who knows a thing or 2 about bicycles.

By sharing that info on this forum might help someone get their bike back. And if the bloke in the overalls legitimately owns the bike, good on him it's a very cool bike:)

I do agree, but I am just cautious of judging and making assumptions Our previous manager had a PhD in Chemical Engineering, and his usual work attire was jeans, t-shirt and takkies! If you did not know him, you would have thought he is just a casual laborer wandering around. This just goes to show that one should not judge a person solely by his attire. Kudos to the OP for creating awareness, it might have been a legitimate concern.