Tokai riders..

sawystertrance

Is it just me or am I right in wondering just what it is about some of the guys riding Tokai? The jeep tracks are essentially 2 single tracks with a middle path separating them. Why is it that some guys think it's OK to ride 2 or even 3 abreast and that oncoming riders must get out of their way? I have lost count of how many times I have come close to clipping handlebars with guys who refuse to ride behind one another.

And on Saturday on the way out, some guys decided to fly past me in my car while I stopped at the 2 stop streets on the way out. No thoughts of stopping. It's as if they think the rules don't apply to them. Another overtook me at speed as I maneuvered to get over the drain channel across the road.If I hadn't braked he would have ridden into my car.

And try to talk to them about it and all you get is attitude. What gives?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had some guys coming down the railway line service road 2 abreast the other day while I was heading out of Magalies  and nobody bothered to moved so I just rode up the embankment to get by, I guess its just how it is....Cape Town to JHB there are plenty of tjops out there!

Surly some of the tjops read this !

Or are they so Thick skinned it makes no difference to them

Surly Trolls or Ogres? 

Some people feel that they are entitled to more than others.....why? I don't know, lack of manners or courtesy perhaps?  Might feel that they have spend (money / time in saddle) more than you therefore they are entitled to more space, respect, admiration? 

In the end don't let it bother you and enjoy your ride........ it could have been worse - you could have been one of them.

Some people feel that they are entitled to more than others.....why? I don't know, lack of manners or courtesy perhaps?  Might feel that they have spend (money / time in saddle) more than you therefore they are entitled to more space, respect, admiration? 

In the end don't let it bother you and enjoy your ride........ it could have been worse - you could have been one of them.

Dude, this is not a rant directed at Epic Riders  :P  :D  :lol:

What I don't understand is the amount of people who fly down the jeep tracks.  What's the point of working hard to get all the way up and then not use the awesome single track to come back down?

agreed. my philosophy on life applies equally to mountain biking, namely -

"assume everybody is an idiot and you will only be wrong 5% of the time"

What I don't understand is the amount of people who fly down the jeep tracks.  What's the point of working hard to get all the way up and then not use the awesome single track to come back down?

I have the same thought everytime I see someone barreling down the single track at max speed. All the lovely, flowing singletrack and this is what you choose?

I don't get that either. Other than strava records I cant imagine a reason for doing this. Maybe someone can explain it to me?

Going that fast down a jeep track just seems reckless. Especially when its a few guys in close proximity. Whats even more worrying is that most of the okes hitting those outrages speeds down the jeeptrack are on short travel bikes with narrow tyres and even narrower qr axles. All it takes is a lekker sized stone or branch to send you flying 

Riding time = 24 mins from home to Tokai, 1 hour to the mast, 15 mins to ride down & 21 mins to get home.

Amount of riding time granted by wife = 2 hours. As soon as I can take a nice chunk of time of the rest of my ride I will hit the singletrack until then, I will leave it to the baggy pant brigade

I have the same thought everytime I see someone barreling down the single track at max speed. All the lovely, flowing singletrack and this is what you choose?

Really getting great value on the jeep track for their R60 entry  :ph34r:

I don't get that either. Other than strava records I cant imagine a reason for doing this. Maybe someone can explain it to me?

Going that fast down a jeep track just seems reckless. Especially when its a few guys in close proximity. Whats even more worrying is that most of the okes hitting those outrages speeds down the jeeptrack are on short travel bikes with narrow tyres and even narrower qr axles. All it takes is a lekker sized stone or branch to send you flying 

You forgot hardtail

Guest Omega Man

Riding time = 24 mins from home to Tokai, 1 hour to the mast, 15 mins to ride down & 21 mins to get home.

Amount of riding time granted by wife (divorce)= 2 hours.  As soon as I can take a nice chunk of time of the rest of my ride I will hit the singletrack until then, I will leave it to the baggy pant brigade

I've underlined your problem and suggested a solution.

Archived