The 36One MTB Challenge

TrailWarrior

Can not remember from last year, Rooiberg was it mark km for km till the top?

i was only seeing the stars thinking it's a water points.

Nope you def must be thinking about another place, Rooiberg sit at just before 300km , you would have had sun by then.

its the big one before Calitzdorp

Still raining lots in George tonight, hows it on the other side?

Anyone in outshoorn yet?

Spoke to Dryland, Rooiberg is much smoother than last year so good.

Gents dress warm it will be cold, even if its 12 on the night in the valleys it will drop to 5 or lower, it was also snowing in Graafreinet this am so dress properly

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cloudy but not raining at the moment quite chilly however share your senti ents of dressing warmly

Sitting outside here in oudsthoorn and it's pretty cold and only 7pm. Don't have leg warmers, think I will survive without them?

Tommy,rather go and get yourself a pair at Tons us people from Durbs cant handle cold that well.LOL

Haha, you right Ceejay. Let me go in the morning. By the way I will be riding black epic with red helmet. Tall blonde chap.

OK so rain through the night.

No doubt it's going to be cold.

How will rain affect the route?

My experience riding in the area in rain is limited to hell & back, and there wasn't really any mud but the sand turned into a nasty grinding paste

OK so rain through the night.

No doubt it's going to be cold.

How will rain affect the route?

My experience riding in the area in rain is limited to hell & back, and there wasn't really any mud but the sand turned into a nasty grinding paste

Also haven't ridden here in the rain, apart from doing the annual road race in Oct 2013 in pouring rain. But that was Tarmac!

I only recall a stage of the Cape Pioneer Trek in 2013 where it was coming down in buckets. The top part of the gravel surface was loose and caused havoc, clogging up drivetrains etc! A mechanical nightmare and so also credit card suicide!

Maybe because it's been raining since yesterday morning, it'll be OK!

Well done to all finishers, my knees started hurting at about 20km , rode to about 110km and decided to pull the plug.

My first race ever that i did not finish but i will rather save the knee for another time.

This year was a bit too busy for me , way more riders than previous year but all in all great as always

Was awesome as always. Great event and I enjoyed the fact there were more people. Always someone to chat to on the way.