The 36One MTB Challenge

TrailWarrior

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to do all my Riding all by my lonesome self. I guess it will be better that way, seeing that everyone thinks i'm a little crazy in the head for riding 361km.... :clap:  :thumbup:

Did the 36One this year on a Scott Spark 910 full suspension in just under 24 hour, riding time +- 20 hours. 

Don't stop for to long @ the water points. 

Get yourself a nice long lasting battery got mine from extreme lights. 

Longest training ride 170 km.

Lots of TITS. 

Almost did 1000 km per month started in December 2014 - race date

Went out riding twice a week with long rides on Saturday and Sunday.

Not doing it next year ENJOY!!! 

Knew you would be back :whistling:

Ha ha ha will you be back also? Must say one thing I scored from not finishing last year is a blanket, which I call my non finishers blanket.  :blush:

Bonus of next year is I will have loads of friends on the route and know where to better plan and what to expect. Already got my husband as my support team. he he he he think he is just glad he does not have to ride it with me.

Already started training (be it some rehabilitation, for a hip operation) and got a coach, next year I am NOT riding at the back again plus will be seeing the sun come up over Rooiberg.  :thumbup:

Shame my dad finished 180 but finished in something like 12hr5min so he was classified as DNF....so he also has a score to settle.

#219days to go.....

Edited by RockSpider85

• 3 weeks later...

sooo for all of you that forgot to count down, today is 200 days!!

:whistling:

dont know if i am better off this year so far, 3.5 months post hip arthroscopy so had to train on the idt till last week Thursday, now to slowly build the hours up again!!

Mods\Admin - Can you please change the heading to read 36ONE 2016 so that we can keep the 34 pages we have and see if we can add another 34 pages in the next 200days?  :whistling:

Say wot? 200 days? Plenty of time to train still.  :ph34r:

I have to do all my Riding all by my lonesome self. I guess it will be better that way, seeing that everyone thinks i'm a little crazy in the head for riding 361km.... :clap:  :thumbup:

No one is your friend after 200km

T.I.T.S - Time In The Saddle.

While not as tough as Baviaans, (that's like saying lethal injection is better than a firing squad - ultimately the same result) the 36One is a tough ride. But an amazing one.

... Snip...

My race report from last year: The 36One Challenge - 2014

Not as tough as baviaans? Please explain. It's more than 50% longer. How can Baviaans be tougher?

Not as tough as baviaans? Please explain. It's more than 50% longer. How can Baviaans be tougher?

I think this is a personal thing. For me, Baviaans is a 9hr balls to the wall race. It hurts. Lots.

36One is a more measured approach. Yes it's longer, but I'm sitting in a zone that is comfortable. It's the same pace I ride when doing 24hr races. Stay out of the red, conserve momentum, recover on downhills, look after your body etc...

Ave HR for Baviaans 2014 (I sucked at 2015) - 151. Ave HR for 36One for 2014 and 2015 - 141.