Look what I found........

Bomberman

Has anybody seen a sms like this:

Nedbank payment

Notification: PILLY SIVALINGUM has paid R8,500.00 into

ABSA acc No XXXXXXXXXX on the 12/10/2014@19:28

Ref:20141012/Nedbank27718969940

So I have my bike up for sale....  I get a call from some oke Sunday night at about 7 pm. Will take the bike, no question about the bike " consider it sold he says"

He then asked me if I can deliver the bike and I said no sorry he has to come and pick it up, not a problem he will send his driver to come pick up the bike..... 9:00pm Sunday night.. really.

Gave him my account number and as seen above received the sms, got a phone call from him stating that the money has been paid and he wants my address  for the pick up.

Im still waiting for my money and hes still waiting for the bike. 

Ek is nie so dom nie

Nedbank payment

So I have my bike up for sale....  I get a call from some oke Sunday night at about 7 pm. Will take the bike, no question about the bike " consider it sold he says"

He then asked me if I can deliver the bike and I said no sorry he has to come and pick it up, not a problem he will send his driver to come pick up the bike..... 9:00pm Sunday night.. really.

Gave him my account number and as seen above received the sms, got a phone call from him stating that the money has been paid and he wants my adders for the pick up.

Ek is nie so dom nie

did you type out that sms from your phone because it is missing one forward slash..this is what a nedbank reference looks like

20140509/NEDBANK/000500402021

did you type out that sms from your phone because it is missing one forward slash..this is what a nedbank reference looks like

20140509/NEDBANK/000500402021

My bad Ref:20141012/NEDBANK/27718969940

I know this is a scam and the funny thing is, it actually works. know of a few people scammed like this.

It just gets me pissed off because this is what life has become, can not trust people.

People are so sceptical now days.

Maybe he is prepared to ship from the US for free with the purchase :whistling:

Sometimes they even get the money to show in your account by using a cheque and then later on it doesn't clear, so you are left without the money.

Did someone report the olx ads?

People are so sceptical now days.

Maybe he is prepared to ship from the US for free with the purchase :whistling:

Seller: mescalante | Login to contact seller | seller History | Add to My Watch List Location: http://es.pinkbike.org/sprt/f2/s/194.gif Salt Lake City , Utah , United States Date: Oct-26-2014 9:05:40       Views: 1080       Watch Lists: 2 Category: XC/All Mountain Bikes Frame Size: L Wheel Size: 26" Price: $2200 USD Restrictions: Reasonable offers only, No Trades, Will ship within country only  :ph34r:

Nedbank payment

Gave him my account number and as seen above received the sms, got a phone call from him stating that the money has been paid and he wants my adders for the pick up.

Ek is nie so dom nie

dont take chances. Phone the bank and have them confirm whether FINAL transfer of the money has completed.

EDIT: Why am I saying this? Because from what I hear, even EFT's can bounce  back now.

Nedbank payment

Ek is nie so dom nie

Did you involve the police?

Archived