Jonkers - which bike?

I am going to ride Jonkers this weekend for the first time and would like some opinions.

I have an Anthem 29er and a Trance 26er and would like to hear suggestions about which bike would be a better ride there, given the trails and conditions. I have an idea what would be better be but am interested to hear opinions

Cheers.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been riding a 29er ht(only mtb I have) there for the past few months on most of the trails. would definitely love a dually with some more travel( hopefully will have one by Jan) . My opinion would be to take the trance with the travel, would just be more fun , but then again thats my opinion without having riden either there

I have both those bikes. Without a doubt the trance is more fun there, especially if you are doing the black diamond

:eek:

When I start advocating wagon wheels, please shoot me.

dude, that was close.. another slip like that and you may find yourself riding the white-lightning all the way to the pearly gates.. not that they would let you in for the error you would have just made!!

:eek:

When I start advocating wagon wheels, please shoot me.

Haha, take a spin on a properly set up one like mine and you may just enjoy it ;)

Some moisture down earlier this week. Trails are in very railable condition. Trance, with appropriate tyre and damper pressures. 

Trance all the way :thumbup:

....and we don't want another thread about a broken Anthem :ph34r: 

Edited by Pappa Bear

Thanks for all the opinions. I thought Trance would be the way to go although, having taken it for a ride up Tokai last week, I find it more difficult to climb on it than the 29er Anthem. Combination of feeling in the Anthem as opposed to on the Trance and then the old "rolls over rocks" thing. Downhill, though, what a difference. The Trance came alive and so did I. Just need to change that old Nevegal on the front...

Are you going to Jonkers to climb for the fun of climbing or are you going to Jonkers to climb in order to come down having fun ....... your answer = bike selection for the day out.

I suppose I do the climb to get fit and the downhill for the fun of it. Trouble is the tolerance of the pain going up only lasts 20 mins or so and then I've had enough. I couldn't beleive last week how I struggled with the old Trance.

:angry: