Carb/Sugar free electrolyte drink

Stu2

Hi all, I am doing a 3 day endurance event in December and I am on the low carb high fat diet, I have searched but could not find the answer,

I train on water only in my back pack, but I would like to add an additional 1l bladder with electrolyte replacement, I had a look at rehydrate but its full of sugar, 12 out of the 14 gram sachet is glucose and sucrose,

Does anyone have a brand they can recommend ? I could just add 3 teaspoons of salt into my 3l bladder but there may be something that's available ?

Cheers

Hammer do one in dissolvable tablet form you add to your water bottle, so do a few others.

You should find the tubes at your LBS

why ? whats wrong with water on the bike and the right food you eat on the bike? small and easy to eat and chew on a regular basis and drink water per normal ?

There is something called UCAN which is distributed by Live High Sports (livehighsports@gmail.com). It comes from the States and is not cheap but it was commented on in the original/replacement thread on the LCHF diet. I have had good and bad experiences with it, primarily because one particular flavour did not agree with me. Hence I drank two little and dehydrated. 

You are absolutely crazy to even consider a ride like this without sugar or carbs.  

There is a reason why there are drinks out there called zero, its because there is nothing worthwhile in them!!

Get some Powerbar drink and some Coke that's right Coca Cola and do the job right, at least you will finish the ride.

Try Hammer Heed or perpetuem I'm diabetic and train and race on both and get zero sugar highs from either. 

I don't think its a good idea to train/race with only water at all..... but good luck dude. 

If a sachet of Rehidrat contains 12g sugars and you dilute it into a 750ml bottle, does that not then work out to about 1.6g sugars per 100ml(g). Which is not that bad?

Or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Maths

Edited by BlinkFan