When can I stop calling myself a noob?

Albatross

I wash my bike more often than my car, I've ordered bits of bike online from China, I've recorded rides on a GoPro, is it too soon to drop the noob tag?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we should ask Rouxtjie...

Hmmmm... Yeah

The real measure is determined by the Roux Master

Once you can drain your own saddle sores, in a tent, on stage 4, with a porcupine quill.

There is however a shortcut to salvation here......... find Diplsicks bike!

Epic? Pfft... Real men don't race... and you shouldn't get saddle sores. You sitting too much. Big ring HTFU and stand more.

I wash my bike more often than my car, I've ordered bits of bike online from China, I've recorded rides on a GoPro, is it too soon to drop the noob tag?

you need to strava boetie

you need to strava boetie

I'm interested how much strava'ing I must do?  Will I eventually be invited to a secret ceremony once my followers deem me worthy?

I was thinking about this very grave matter myself at the end of each last year. I made a list of things to do and ticked all but one box.

I did two multiday road races (in the mountains)

I did two multi day MTB races

I did a MTB race on a full rigid

I did a MTB race on a S/S

I did the two biggest road races

I raced online with the "manne"

I did several night rides

I only need to build my own wheelset then I am free....

Alas, all that stuff puts you squarely in Noob category. When you stop treating your bike like its the most delicate thing in the world, when you ride good solid Iscor steel, and when you leave all the electronic gadgetry behind ... well, maybe then. But even then, you have to get at least two flats in 10 kilometres. 

I'm interested how much strava'ing I must do?  Will I eventually be invited to a secret ceremony once my followers deem me worthy?

What is the next level up from noob?

I wash my bike more often than my car, I've ordered bits of bike online from China, I've recorded rides on a GoPro, is it too soon to drop the noob tag?

You need more bikes. 1 simply isn't enough.

Archived