Women promoting violence against cyclists in Delta Park

mrbaker

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he just miscalculated the extent of the vociferous reaction from the cycling community and had a sweaty half-hour with his PR people this morning.

You are entitled to your opinion obviously, but please also take it from people who are on the forum in question - the guy is not anti-cyclists.

It was an inappropriate comment for him to have made & it was then taken out of its context & pasted in the place most likely to cause the biggest uproar.

This is the SAME person that on Friday posted all info about the new dedicated mountain bike trail around Delta & 25km of bike trails in surounding urban areas!!!!

Not only that but then gave out contact details for people in charge of it to bikers wanting to get involved & give input.

I say it again - imagine comments made here on certain topics that to us are a joke, but to people not in the know may seem extremely offensive.

Same thing, different forum.

Do you prefer your politicians to ignore public opinion and do&say what they want

I prefer my politicians to have the balls to stick with their initial utterances, and I would hope that they have the intelligence to ensure that what emerges from their pie holes is carefully considered before being released for public consumption.

I'm not particularly partial to politicians of any variety, precisely because they do and say what they want without recourse to any form of intellectual process.

Nothing interesting. It's a closed community page, for good reason.

Don't be too offended, things got heated, Tim Truluck held himself to account and apologised as such. Ultimately the scenario resulted in more positive than negative.

Fyi the public apology is posted here too.

Oh I see. What can I say I enjoy a good conspiracy. I stand by what I said though. We live in a country where people seem to be looking for violent solutions to problems and inciting them is never a good idea. Politicians should know better.

There fixed it.

So if a doctor murders a person its cool cause he has saved many others?

I like the irony in that last sentence.

Oh my dear Patch... I ride a Raleigh. In another thread you said you ride a Spez because life is too short to ride crap bikes. If we are to take everything everyone says seriously, then, I am at present very upset by your comment on what my bike is.. :(

Oh my dear Patch... I ride a Raleigh. In another thread you said you ride a Spez because life is too short to ride crap bikes. If we are to take everything everyone says seriously, then, I am at present very upset by your comment on what my bike is.. :(

I also own a Raleigh..... one of 50.... and Patch is right - life is too short to ride crap bikes.... luckily he is not refferring to mine by any stretch of the imagination.... :)

Not that there are no crap Spes toys around - there are.....

I think you took my reply too seriously ^_^

I think you took my reply too seriously ^_^

If you knew me, you would know that I take NOTHING seriously.. :D I smile cause I dont know whats going on kinda girl! hahahahaha...  

• 2 weeks later...

We came up behind a woman jogging with a dog on late Wednesday afternoon. Gave her plenty warning we were coming and passed her slowly and wide, but she still shat herself and called us names. She had earphones in listening to music.

Not sure what more we could do really.

We came up behind a woman jogging with a dog on late Wednesday afternoon. Gave her plenty warning we were coming and passed her slowly and wide, but she still shat herself and called us names. She had earphones in listening to music.

not to be funny, but how wide did you pass?

stop and ask her in a calm and polite manner to repeat what she said.

Guest DieBees

Without threads like these I would actually have to spend my day working.... :ph34r:

And the beauty is that thehub folk all have "screen names" which really means you are BSing your boss and in turn your boss might be on thehub as well... Further to this you are someones senior and are also stealing a bit from your boss. This is a sick cycle that will never stop. I wonder how much in Rand value is lost to thehub on an annual basis fron employers. And I wonder how much money is generated on the flipside from thehub. I have too much time to think today!

Then, this woman, she has started a cyber war and is not even aware of it!

stop and ask her in a calm and polite manner to repeat what she said.

I did. She didn't bother taking her earphones out and muttered something else under her breath and wouldn't even look at us.

We had given her a very wide berth - about four meters - and we were going very slowly as we passed so as not to scare her or her dogs (which we didn't).

She still called us "F*#@king cyclists".....

The miserable was strong with that one  :thumbdown:

I did. She didn't bother taking her earphones out and muttered something else under her breath and wouldn't even look at us.

We had given her a very wide berth - about four meters - and we were going very slowly as we passed so as not to scare her or her dogs (which we didn't).

She still called us "F*#@king cyclists".....

The miserable was strong with that one  :thumbdown:

Gecko my brother.

This is where you go on your two knees and you thank the angels and heavens for all those "cyclists" that caused this hate on the rest of us.

Yesterday I was on the road bike with Carpet in tow.

We were coming from Bedfordview to Edenvale, stopped for a red traffic light when this total penis covered in lycra decided to shoot through the lights on his Colnago.

I sensed the force and show of presence in him and we decided to see "what he had" turns out he had very little in terms of legs but much in other areas such as one hell of a belly, bad attitude and too much testosterone too like the idea of a girl riding him in to his mothers womb.

He rode like an absolute pig from there on, skipping red lights, weaving in and out of cars and making us cyclists look really "good" in the eyes of the general non-cycling motoring public.

Yeah, that is it, one or two bad apples like this twit a the rest of us get painted with the same brush.

Gecko my brother.

This is where you go on your two knees and you thank the angels and heavens for all those "cyclists" that caused this hate on the rest of us.

Yesterday I was on the road bike with Carpet in tow.

We were coming from Bedfordview to Edenvale, stopped for a red traffic light when this total penis covered in lycra decided to shoot through the lights on his Colnago.

I sensed the force and show of presence in him and we decided to see "what he had" turns out he had very little in terms of legs but much in other areas such as one hell of a belly, bad attitude and too much testosterone too like the idea of a girl riding him in to his mothers womb.

He rode like an absolute pig from there on, skipping red lights, weaving in and out of cars and making us cyclists look really "good" in the eyes of the general non-cycling motoring public.

Yeah, that is it, one or two bad apples like this twit a the rest of us get painted with the same brush.

ok i have hiT the report button PERSONAL ATTACK :whistling:  :whistling:

Archived