The Munga 2015

StevieL

Not sure if the 140 is correct as her data shows 700k and route distance 644 so roughly 60kms which would keep her in 3rd. I see  her average riding pace is 15.9km/h and HB's is 18.1 km/h which is super impressive only slightly slower than AMs at 18.3.

I might be guilty of starting the 140 km rumour...that's what i guestimated last night

But looking at here trace and recalculating   :oops:(in the absence of a ruler)  i'll upgrade my guestimate to be about 112km...based on:

1 thumb width = 5 miles

7 thumb widths = 35 miles

35 miles = 56 km's

56 x 2 = 112km

Would have been a real interesting ladies race if it were not for this detour last night

edit: added the correct thumb scale map

post-182-0-31237300-1449241376_thumb.png

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some still need to cross halfway point   . . . RESPECT!! 

these are the people that I am following - cause, these okes are going to have alot to contend with over the next few days !

these are the people that I am following - cause, these okes are going to have alot to contend with over the next few days !

Shame .. yes.. they are real warriors

And by the looks of things it will be a few days!

whole bunch of people at about the 510 km mark - that is just about half way

Other folk are on the way to the finish !!

But they have till sunday to do 500 km, so about right at 250km per day.

Reckon that GU "only" has 2x 94.7 to get to the finish.... All that SS riding has paid off.

Reckon ALL these riders are in a different league. Slayers of Demons i tell you... it's so darn easy to quit when you are in the hurt chamber.

RESPECT!

I might be guilty of starting the 140 km rumour...that's what i guestimated last night

But looking at here trace and recalculating   :oops:(in the absence of a ruler)  i'll upgrade my guestimate to be about 112km...based on:

1 thumb width = 5 miles

7 thumb widths = 35 miles

35 miles = 56 km's

56 x 2 = 112km

Would have been a real interesting ladies race if it were not for this detour last night

edit: added the correct thumb scale map

attachicon.gifCapture1.PNG

Mine is not a calculation at all it's just based on what the X axis on the speed distance plot says for the athlete. I'm working on the assumption that the tracker measured the distance traveled. It could be that the software does not measure when you backtrack along the route you've come  so if I multiple my distance by 2 it gives me an extra distance not too far off from yours.  I guess we'll only know at the end.

GU hasnt had any updates for quite a while, wonder if he has had a mechanical?

Was wondering the same thing, I hope not!

GU hasnt had any updates for quite a while, wonder if he has had a mechanical?

Was wondering the same thing, I hope not!

might be a water point?

Archived