The Munga 2015

StevieL

By George - more twists than an Agatha Christie novel. My nerves are not going to survive the last 200km's

Also wondering if Grant slowing is not a mechanical issue as he stopped not long after the descent off the pass out of Sutherland

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to be interesting to see who rests at the Tankwa Padstal and who pushes through.  I think GU has enough rest in him to make it to Eselfontein.

I reckon position no.3 & no.4 is drafting? What do you think.

Anyone know how to follow this live tracking on a iPhone?

There is a mobile view tab on it, best would be to just use safari for it.

Although the live tracking is used in the Epic it just seem to suit this kind if racing.

This and the social media is really making this "edge of your seat" stuff, for me at least.

Me and my bother have been following every kilometer closely and have been discussing and speculating, rooting for the leaders, wondering about those that lost the way and feeling for the backmarkers.

I am in sitting Namibia and my brother is in Canada BC. :thumbup:

This is such a useable platform full of  possibilities to make it even bigger and better.

As said by others earlier, I think the Munga is going get HUGE!!

Thanks  Nathrix  for your time and diligent updates  thus far. :clap:  :clap:  

OK, chucked 500 ml of Yoghurt in to the pot to help neutralise the burn taste. Now I'm back. Looks like the front guys are having an epic battle of mind over body.

And here some guys think they legends for klapping a second ROUND August or 94.7

Bwhaaaaa we a mere mortals no where near these MACHINES

John is at 19km/hr so must be over the top of the climb - but GU is at 25 km/hr further down the pass. John is going to have to work really hard to not just catch GU - but over take.

This is down to who rested the most during the race and is going to go on without stopping. This is all about resource management right now.

Ok, so I had to go and check out that nasty fang of a climb. Turns out I had to plot it but it sure kicks, I took it from the river up and over and those last "S" bends probably average 25% so now you know why they were crawling.

post-40232-0-42413800-1449253592_thumb.jpg

Edit: Here's the link if you want a closer look https://www.strava.com/routes/3736612

Archived