Building a Cyclo Cross bike

Meerkat82

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sitting Slip - Dig the bike, what 40c tyres you get and where?

Vee tyres. At the reliable mellow velo in broadachers awesome shop.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

The FCX Cross is the perfect bike for the cyclecross racer who wants the speed and handling of a Pinarello road bike with a design specific to off road racing.

The frame design is derived from the Dogma K, giving this frame all of the speed and reactive nature of a pure road bike, but with several elements specifically designed to make this a perfect performance cyclecross machine.
The FCX Cross is built on an asymmetric frame to confer a more symmetric and efficient power transfer with each pedal stroke. The top tube is rounded and more ergonomic than its road counterparts in an effort to increase comfort and facilitate shouldering the bike during intense race situations.
Internal cable routing makes for both a clean look in addition to keeping the mud and grime, always a part of cyclecross, away from your cables. Mechanical disk brakes ensure surefooted braking even in the worst conditions.
RAD system on the rear chainstay places the brake on a more robust tube both increasing the frame's structural integrity and offering a more stable braking performance. Available in four sizes and two colors.

http://www.pinarello.com/en/bike-2016/cross/fcx-hydro

The FCX Cross is the perfect bike for the cyclecross racer who wants the speed and handling of a Pinarello road bike with a design specific to off road racing.

The frame design is derived from the Dogma K, giving this frame all of the speed and reactive nature of a pure road bike, but with several elements specifically designed to make this a perfect performance cyclecross machine.

The FCX Cross is built on an asymmetric frame to confer a more symmetric and efficient power transfer with each pedal stroke. The top tube is rounded and more ergonomic than its road counterparts in an effort to increase comfort and facilitate shouldering the bike during intense race situations.

Internal cable routing makes for both a clean look in addition to keeping the mud and grime, always a part of cyclecross, away from your cables. Mechanical disk brakes ensure surefooted braking even in the worst conditions.

RAD system on the rear chainstay places the brake on a more robust tube both increasing the frame's structural integrity and offering a more stable braking performance. Available in four sizes and two colors.

maybe borrow me one to test and review over x-mas....

Ok - after a general lack of anything CX/ gravelgrind happening for me of late, I have something in the pipeline. Nothing uber shoot the lights out blingy Ti amazeballs - but just what I need... Something simple, perhaps re-visiting an eX... see what I did there?

Beginning of something fun...

post-12909-0-16263800-1482427369_thumb.jpg

post-12909-0-56164500-1482427449_thumb.jpg

how much Rontdellas?