Momentum 94.7- penalised 90 mins for starting in wrong group?

NeoOne

Only you will know your intentions.

It'll be somewhat of a stretch to expect the rest of us to believe that an action known typically as cheating was purely accidental on your part. There's a reason why the penalty is so harsh and it's to properly discourage the less moral amongst us from trying to cheat wheel suck their way to a strong ride and time when they have not earned their place in that group of cyclists.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not looking for sympathy, but want an indication of how many people had this happen to them. Not a pissing contest. Save the judgement.  From where I stood I checked the chronological number. The big numbers and if its near mine I reckoned i was in the right place. Nothing sinister!

Wrong way to do it. Check the group letter, not the numbers.

I'll chalk it off as school fees for being a **** noob, but 3;06 to 4;36 stings .At least I did a decent time in a well organised race, the Burger Tour of Stellenbosch. I hope the 947 doesnt push me into a lunchtime start for Argus

I'll chalk it off as school fees for being a **** noob, but 3;06 to 4;36 stings .At least I did a decent time in a well organised race, the Burger Tour of Stellenbosch. I hope the 947 doesnt push me into a lunchtime start for Argus

Your Burger time will count 100% for your seeding so you should be fine for the Argus  :thumbup:

You should get seeded on the better result on its own.

Put your own number on your shirt so you remember what your start group letter is and not just the action photo sticker number! (Assuming your missus did this for you, but then she would've had to pick up your number from registration for you too. Trying to understand how you did not know your group start letter...)

I'll chalk it off as school fees for being a **** noob, but 3;06 to 4;36 stings .At least I did a decent time in a well organised race, the Burger Tour of Stellenbosch.

Sorry mate.

I hope the 947 doesnt push me into a lunchtime start for Argus

For Argus CTCT they will use your results of the 3 highest indexes, or, if higher, the best index from a selected list of races. As mentioned by Skubarra, the Burger is on this list.

Otherwise, do another race (or 2 if you are not happy with you Wilro result) before Argus next year.

You can see your seeding indexes here: http://results.racetec.co.za/findme.aspx?ss=1 (94.7 is not loaded there yet.)

As others have said, take this as school fees. You will never get into the wrong chute again.

What you are asking is that Racetec make a personal call on every cyclist that started in the wrong group. That is not reasonable. They have to apply the rule across the board otherwise people will say there was favouritism.

How can they judge if someone did it intentionally or by mistake? If they mailed someone who did it on purpose they would respond saying they made an honest mistake.

They will take Stellenbosch Tour only. Be sure to do the 99er in 2015 to, that will really help your seeding, keep the training up and you will be fine.

They will take Stellenbosch Tour only. Be sure to do the 99er in 2015 to, that will really help your seeding, keep the training up and you will be fine.

OP's side bar list's his location as Randburg, so travel and accommodation costs for 99er might not be worth while.

NeoOne: This year, I did Krugersdorp classic, Serengeti & Berg n Dale. All 3 got used for my Argus seeding.

Edit: Fast One is also an option for CTCT seeding.

No, sorry ... If you've "cheated" before then Argus will seed you in the very last batch

All seeding races for 2015 CTCT are now done. Any further seeding races ahead of next years CTCT will only count towards seeding for the 2016 CTCT.

I would say you are fortunate not to have been disqualified and possibly banned from the CTCT as both events use racetec for timing. You probably saved yourself by mailing them and querying the difference in time which racetec understood to be innocent in its making and gave you the lessor penalty of 90 minutes. School fees... Burger time will save your CTCT seeding!

All seeding races for 2015 CTCT are now done. Any further seeding races ahead of next years CTCT will only count towards seeding for the 2016 CTCT.

I know that all races that are listed a seeding events on the CTCT site are all gone, but based on what they have done in the past, they use all results from Racetec timed events that meet the requirement (e.g. distance) that are in the Racetec db before they do the seeding. Last year this included races all the way up to Berge en Dale.

99'er is for the 2016 Tour

Officially yes, but this year the organisers used the 2014 99er for the Argus seedings, won't bet against them doing it every year

Archived