Rogue Riders - need assistance identifying

tygerbergmtb

was the person taking the pics riding and using strava at the time?  If so, go to Stravalabs, and plonk the activity number ID in there and see if they weren't using it also - if they did, it wll show their accounts at the point where you took the photo.  Longshot, and a little bit stalker vibes, but may be a winner.

drop me a pm if you are unsure what I mean.

don't laugh - we've flagged plenty of rogue riding activities on Strava. There isn't much you can do other than ruin their PB or KOM as it's too easy to set up a profile with another person's name.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't speak cyclist particularly well but if you can take a photo of these guys then you are close enough to actually talk to them directly?

They look happy and friendly enough.

These photos are screenshots from a video that was taken of the confrontation.  They admit that they know they are trespassing and "rogue riding is fun" before brushing off the members that confronted them and continuing their trespassing ... I mean riding.

I get that these guys are trespassing, but instead of hammering them, why not promote joining the club and promote mountain biking? Following these posts here and on facebook, it is somewhat negative. I love riding my bike and I am sure you guys do as well, so why not carry a positive vibe. Not everyone is arrogant about trespassing.

I have been put down by this, even though I am a club member and I abide by all the rules because I believe that they help maintain relationships as well as the trails.

When we find out who these guys are, lets not hunt them down and BAN them from the trails. Sell them a membership and point them to the club website where the rules are.

Lets not give mountain bikers a bad rep, we don't all get along, but we share the trails.

Just my 2 cents.

Keep the pedals turning and always smiling.

Edited by TrApT

I get that these guys are trespassing, but instead of hammering them, why not promote joining the club and promote mountain biking? Following these posts here and on facebook, it is somewhat negative. I love riding my bike and I am sure you guys do as well, so why not carry a positive vibe. Not everyone is arrogant about trespassing.

I have been put down by this, even though I am a club member and I abide by all the rules because I believe that they help maintain relationships as well as the trails.

When we find out who these guys are, lets not hunt them down and BAN them from the trails. Sell them a membership and point them to the club website where the rules are.

Lets not give mountain bikers a bad rep, we don't all get along, but we share the trails.

Just my 2 cents.

Keep the pedals turning and always smiling.

I respect your comment and I think we all would like to do this, we are a friendly bunch after all.

However the facts are that there is a huge chance of this not being their first ride on the trail and not the first time they have been confronted. Someone who is confronted when they made a mistake or didn't know something will try and rectify it, what I can derive from the attitude is that they did nothing of the sort.

Being nice has it's place, but if all else fails... don't spare the rod (figuratively of course)

eggzackery! The relationship with Bloemendal is a new one and with land access being granted for no longer than 12 months to the club from land owners, these knobs endanger not only the land access, but the considerable investment that TBMTBC make. If this continues, the land owner simply does not renew the agreement next year, and all the trails created go to ruin. Remember Kliprug? Lekker trail to ride until 2 riders swore at the land owner who confronted them. Now his cows have bermed paths to graze on and A frame bridges to scratch themselves against. 

The bloke who cost us Kliprug was not the first one to abuse the land owner. The Bloemendal farm manager has also had numerous run-ins with rogue riders and farms such as Altydgedacht are hesitant to grant any access to mountain bikers again because of the verbal abuse they've received from rogue riders.

Our sport's reputation is on the rapid decline so it's time to put on the brakes.

I respect your comment and I think we all would like to do this, we are a friendly bunch after all.

However the facts are that there is a huge chance of this not being their first ride on the trail and not the first time they have been confronted. Someone who is confronted when they made a mistake or didn't know something will try and rectify it, what I can derive from the attitude is that they did nothing of the sort.

Being nice has it's place, but if all else fails... don't spare the rod (figuratively of course)

I appreciate the response! I agree on that front.

The bloke who cost us Kliprug was not the first one to abuse the land owner. The Bloemendal farm manager has also had numerous run-ins with rogue riders and farms such as Altydgedacht are hesitant to grant any access to mountain bikers again because of the verbal abuse they've received from rogue riders.

Our sport's reputation is on the rapid decline so it's time to put on the brakes.

That's why I support the "Name, Shame and Ban" approach.

Landowners must see that the minority who is causing the trouble is being sorted out by the majority.

Thanks so much for the help and input fellow bikers. The riders in question have been contacted, have apologised and undertaken to purchase 2015 membership (we will keep an eye open in case they're forgetful).

We look forward to seeing them on the marked trails with our funky 2015 bike boards soon :clap:

Guest Omega Man

Thanks so much for the help and input fellow bikers. The riders in question have been contacted, have apologised and undertaken to purchase 2015 membership (we will keep an eye open in case they're forgetful).

We look forward to seeing them on the marked trails with our funky 2015 bike boards soon :clap:

Sorry for the slight hijack. I'm keen to buy a membership for next year. How do I go about doing that? 

Have a special board made for them.

"Repentant Ex Roque Riders" :whistling:

RERR for short.

Edited by Wannabe

Well done and well handled ! you can possibly use this as an example of being pro-active when negotiating with land owners in future....

Edited by Nayr

don't laugh - we've flagged plenty of rogue riding activities on Strava. There isn't much you can do other than ruin their PB or KOM as it's too easy to set up a profile with another person's name.

has those names been submitted to w2w & cape epic to envoke the life time ban from their events?