Rogue Riders - need assistance identifying

tygerbergmtb

It's been suggested in the past, and it's an idea that many are on board with (hahaha) 

Just needs to be implemented. 

In fact, with the centralised database of rogue riders, it'll make sense for all riders to be registered on an extension to that database, and issued with permanent boards. Would make it far easier to track members and transgressors. An alphanumeric numbering system would work well, with stickers for each club attached to said board. 

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are trying to effect/affect the unchangable.

1. Change some people's attitude.

2. Get all to work together.

3. Abide by the rules.

Not going to happen - esp in CT. (ever!)

Hier kom 'n ding.

To be fair that is a first for me but for some reason I just couldn't stop myself. I tried, I failed.

So you couldn't hit the......breaks.

http://media0.giphy.com/media/PcTzEWBzqiL5u/200_s.gif

In fact, with the centralised database of rogue riders, it'll make sense for all riders to be registered on an extension to that database, and issued with permanent boards. Would make it far easier to track members and transgressors. An alphanumeric numbering system would work well, with stickers for each club attached to said board. 

One of the biggest challenges for this type of system is people forging the board and said stickers. Perhaps fit each board with a tag as well and have the trail centers scan riders in at trails as well. If this board doubles as your PPA / SASeeding race board, it makes all the admin even simpler. It could also provide useful data to which trails are most used etc. 

So you couldn't hit the......breaks.

http://media0.giphy.com/media/PcTzEWBzqiL5u/200_s.gif

brakes*

I really really like the single board idea but....

Is "board admin" really a proper excuse for rogue riding? How many people pitch up at the starting line of the W2W & Sani2C with no bike boards or with it in their pockets because it was too much admin to remove the other one? 

It's really not that hard to have the correct bike board on your bike, most of us don't ride multiple trails every week anyway. 

Maybe it's time for all the clubs to put their big boy pants on and start working together.  Have centralized board issuing where all your details can be captured.  Then you can buy stickers to stick on your board every year, but make room for 4 stickers on the 4 corners for 4 different clubs.  Make them brightly coloured so they can be spotted from a distance and change the colour every year.  Maybe the PPA can issue these boards which is something you can race with as well, so no need to swap it every week either when you want to ride.  Putting only a sticker on cuts the cost a lot.  For the douchebags that want to copy the sticker and make their own, well they will always be there.  Nothing you can do about that.  

Just an idea, diss it or work with it, either way I don't care

It's been suggested in the past, and it's an idea that many are on board with (hahaha) 

Just needs to be implemented. 

Don't you come here and ruin a good argument with "logic" and a practical "solution" that would actually work and make things a lot easier for riders.

only weakness I see in this is PPA :ph34r:  

So the point is, I still need to see ANY riders form TBMTB swap out the boards as has been indicated that I should do. That is then effectively the same as me riding with my boards in my pocket.

I am just pointing out a fact.

Well, you won't see us. On the Tygerberg trails we display the Tygerberg MTB club board. On Bottelary, we display the Bottelary board and not Tygerberg. Etc etc. So it isn't the same, now is it.

only weakness I see in this is PPA :ph34r:  

That is a weakness yes, but I think the biggest weakness is every organisations' stubbornness to support the creation of a unified platform.  Every man for himself as always.

Edited by camelman

I used to carry my board in my camelbak as I have multiple bikes. I got kakked on from a dizzy height so now I have hundreds of cable ties.

Or what about buying extra boards for all your many bikes?

You can not buy extra boards as the club feels that some people will buy extra boards and give it to their friends, so the only way you can another board is to buy another membership

Do they offer that? Surely that could create a problem with a person giving their 2nd board to another person.

That is a weakness yes, but I think the biggest weakness is every organisations' stubbornness to support the creation of a unified platform.  Every man for himself as always.

Lets just get the PPA to host some more road events before we start with more admin for them!!

Ja, because people can't read all the notices at the entrance either.

Please go and look where the notice is at the top of Lombards, and where the trail starts? Far apart and there is multiple other routes for people to go from Majick to the trail start